Smartphone scam? Specs not what says on the box!

Giganizer300PRO

So, I have a shitphone...

The quality is very bad. 

It uses aMediaTek CPU, not snapdragon, which basically makes incompatible with a PC in every way.

I had the screen break after only a month.

But now I noticed something else.

The battery. It says 2300 mah on the box, which is solid considering the price and other specs:

1.7 Octacore CPU

1 GB RAM

5 inch IPS OGS display with 720p

16 GB of internal storage

13 MP rear camera (and flash on the front)

DUAL SIM support

for only $190

So being the overclocking nerd I am, I installed CPU-Z and it says that the battery capacity is only 1000mah. Same with battery doctor.

Also I'm not that good with MP and stuff, but 13 is supposed to be a lot right...

I'd have to check, but I think the images arent even 1080p.

What do I do?

Can I do anything?

not really, just don't buy knock off phones from ebay.

So, I have a shitphone...

The quality is very bad. 

It uses aMediaTek CPU, not snapdragon, which basically makes incompatible with a PC in every way.

I had the screen break after only a month.

But now I noticed something else.

The battery. It says 2300 mah on the box, which is solid considering the price and other specs:

1.7 Octacore CPU

1 GB RAM

5 inch IPS OGS display with 720p

16 GB of internal storage

13 MP rear camera (and flash on the front)

DUAL SIM support

for only $190

So being the overclocking nerd I am, I installed CPU-Z and it says that the battery capacity is only 1000mah. Same with battery doctor.

Also I'm not that good with MP and stuff, but 13 is supposed to be a lot right...

I'd have to check, but I think the images arent even 1080p.

What do I do?

Can I do anything?

Since you have it longer than a month no, I believe EU law states that you can return it within 2 weeks

Don't cheapout on things you use a lot.

Well for starters, megapixles dont tell you everything. It can have 20, but still have lackluster quality kinda like HTCs M9.its the overall quality of the sensor that matters

Intel i7 4702MQ| Nvidia GTX 850M| Kingston 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz| Acer VA70_HW (mobo)| 1TB WD Blue| MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E0|1600x900 display|Win 8.1

Intel i5 4690K @Stock| Sapphire 390 Nitro| Hyper X Fury 2x4GB| MSI SLI Krait z97| Noctua Nh-U12S | 850 EVO 256GB| 2TB WD Black | CM V 850w| Enthoo Luxe

If you want to tag me or any person with periods do: @[Member='Name]

What do I do?

Can I do anything?

What do you mean... if you already bought it there's not much you can do. That's the reason to buy a legit phone in the first place.

"Rawr XD"

SNIP

what phone is it

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Well for starters, megapixles dont tell you everything. It can have 20, but still have lackluster quality kinda like HTCs M9.its the overall quality of the sensor that matters

This is close, but it's also the lens and post processing that makes the biggest difference. Just look at the iPhone camera. That's 8MP but takes probably the best photos you can get on a phone.

Also, don't cheap out on a smartphone, go for the best one you can afford from reputable brands, that way you can be assured to get a good quality device with guaranteed specifications.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

What do you mean... if you already bought it there's not much you can do. That's the reason to buy a legit phone in the first place.

not really, just don't buy knock off phones from ebay.

It's an actual brand and model, it's just the quality. It's not a fake or something... -_-

This is close, but it's also the lens and post processing that makes the biggest difference. Just look at the iPhone camera. That's 8MP but takes probably the best photos you can get on a phone.

Also, don't cheap out on a smartphone, go for the best one you can afford from reputable brands, that way you can be assured to get a good quality device with guaranteed specifications.

Well then why are megapixels?

Don't they tell the resolution?

what phone is it

It's a Prestigio MultiPhone 5508 DUO

Resolution is not quality, the sensor could be 100mp, but if the lens only resolves 10mp of detail it will look like shit

Ah, Yeah..I wouldnt touch that brand with a million ft barge pole

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

It's an actual brand and model, it's just the quality. It's not a fake or something... -_-

its kinda like on monitors you dont look at only resolution, but panel type and such.

Intel i7 4702MQ| Nvidia GTX 850M| Kingston 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz| Acer VA70_HW (mobo)| 1TB WD Blue| MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E0|1600x900 display|Win 8.1

Intel i5 4690K @Stock| Sapphire 390 Nitro| Hyper X Fury 2x4GB| MSI SLI Krait z97| Noctua Nh-U12S | 850 EVO 256GB| 2TB WD Black | CM V 850w| Enthoo Luxe

If you want to tag me or any person with periods do: @[Member='Name]

its kinda like on monitors you dont look at only resolution, but panel type and such.

It's like running games at a certain resolution but not turning up the details and textures. You can make a high quality 720p look better than 1080p low quality. It's also why when you compare 1080p on a console to 1080p on a pc, that the pc is noticeably better looking despite the same resolution and megapixel (about 2 megapixels).