Best static pressure fans at 1500rpm?

Special K

Hi all.

Got a H440 case (Razer edition) and the cooling is beyond shocking in this case. The front 3 fans are just not doing the job. And the two 140mm fans (stock fans) attached to my kraken x61 are so loud at 1500rpm it makes my ears bleed. 

So i was wondering what is the best static pressure fan with a decent cfm that is also nice and quiet at around the 1500rpm mark.

My i7 5930k is hitting nearly 80c under load (4ghz) in aida64 which is just too hot for me. and around 55-60c mark in games like battlefield 3/4 (I know its not in the danger level but im just not happy with it)

Mix this with 2 gtx 980 reference cards and the heat is building up. hence why i need the front 3 fans replacing also.

shopping list!  :D

x3 120mm static pressure fans with good cfm and low noise at 1500rpm

x2 140mm static pressure fans with good cfm and low noise at 1500rpm.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Or anyone with the same case and their experiences with it.

Many thanks!

Kass.  ;)

Cpu: I7 5930k @4.2Ghz, Mobo: Asus x99-S, Ram: 16gb Corsair Vengeance ddr4, Gpu: x2  Evga super-clocked GTX 980's in sli,

Case:  Nzxt H440 Razer Edition, Storage: 250gb samsung 850 & x2 WD black 2TB.

PSU: 1050w Seasonic X-series gold. Cooling: Nzxt Kraken x61.

reference/blower style cards actually don't heat up the case. The whole idea is they vent air OUT of the case. So I feel you're misinformed.

I think that X61 is just improperly mounted or you're using excess voltage.

Hi all.

Got a H440 case (Razer edition) and the cooling is beyond shocking in this case. The front 3 fans are just not doing the job. And the two 140mm fans (stock fans) attached to my kraken x61 are so loud at 1500rpm it makes my ears bleed. 

So i was wondering what is the best static pressure fan with a decent cfm that is also nice and quiet at around the 1500rpm mark.

My i7 5930k is hitting nearly 80c under load (4ghz) in aida64 which is just too hot for me. and around 55-60c mark in games like battlefield 3/4 (I know its not in the danger level but im just not happy with it)

Mix this with 2 gtx 980 reference cards and the heat is building up. hence why i need the front 3 fans replacing also.

shopping list!  :D

x3 120mm static pressure fans with good cfm and low noise at 1500rpm

x2 140mm static pressure fans with good cfm and low noise at 1500rpm.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Or anyone with the same case and their experiences with it.

Many thanks!

Kass.  ;)

I would recommend the Ek Vardar 1450rpm fans. They are amazing static pressure fans.

ALCATRAZ |   CPU: i9 9900k @ 5GHz, Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A, RAM: Corsair Vengence LPX 32GB, GPU: Gigabyte 1070Ti Case: Zalman MS800 Plus, Storage: Corsair 2TB NVME | Crucial M550 128GB SSD  |  WD 640GB HDD, PSU: XFX Pro Series 1050w, Display: ASUS MG279Q, Cooling: Noctua NH-D15

reference/blower style cards actually don't heat up the case. The whole idea is they vent air OUT of the case. So I feel you're misinformed.

I think that X61 is just improperly mounted or you're using excess voltage.

Im aware how the reference cards work lol. But still heat escapes and adds to the issue.

The cooler is mounted correctly with a standard amount of thermal compound on it. has been reseated to make sure already. V is at 1.19  :)

I would recommend the Ek Vardar 1450rpm fans. They are amazing static pressure fans.

Ill check them out, thanks for the suggestion :)

Cpu: I7 5930k @4.2Ghz, Mobo: Asus x99-S, Ram: 16gb Corsair Vengeance ddr4, Gpu: x2  Evga super-clocked GTX 980's in sli,

Im aware how the reference cards work lol. But still heat escapes and adds to the issue.

The cooler is mounted correctly with a standard amount of thermal compound on it. has been reseated to make sure already 

I believe you believe it's correctly mounted. But that doesn't necessarily make it so. Assuming it is, you didn't mention the voltages you used.

Maxwell and Haswell are really efficient. You shouldn't have heat issues in a standard ATX case.

Voltage is at 1.19. 

And im sure the cooler is seated correctly lol. 

Why do you assume i'm questioning your intelligence or abilities "lol", mabye in your assumption you missed something... Like have you tried adding some o-rings for example? That too is something that is related to mounting and is a common issue with Haswell boards.

Also, keep in mind your CPU isn't some i5 or i7 quadcore, and if you're aiming for 50's you're going to have to get something more extensive than an AIO. Still shouldn't be 80 in aida64, because the GPU's aren't even doing stuff so it should be just the CPU alone. Is the pump even running properly (test it with the PC turned off). Is it running at 12V or max duty cycle?

How does the temperature rise. Is it slowly creeping towards 80 or does it shoot to 70 and semi-quickly go to 80. Make a screenshot of MSI afterburner, monitoring the temperatures of all cores and enable prime95 27.9. I'd like to see the dynamic behaviour of the temperature, rather than hearing the static temperature.

Why do you assume i'm questioning your intelligence or abilities "lol", mabye in your assumption you missed something... Like have you tried adding some o-rings for example? That too is something that is related to mounting and is a common issue with Haswell boards.

Also, keep in mind your CPU isn't some i5 or i7 quadcore, and if you're aiming for 50's you're going to have to get something more extensive than an AIO. Still shouldn't be 80 in aida64, because the GPU's aren't even doing stuff so it should be just the CPU alone. Is the pump even running properly (test it with the PC turned off). Is it running at 12V or max duty cycle?

How does the temperature rise. Is it slowly creeping towards 80 or does it shoot to 70 and semi-quickly go to 80. Make a screenshot of MSI afterburner, monitoring the temperatures of all cores and enable prime95 27.9. I'd like to see the dynamic behaviour of the temperature, rather than hearing the static temperature.

I'll do exactly as you suggested first thing Monday. And the temp shoots and sits stable. The x61 has an adaptive pump. I've increased the dc in the bios to make it run close to max.

And why do you assume that I'm assuming when I'm not.

And the temp shoots and sits stable. 

Erratic dynamic behaviour (shooting temps) suggests poor contact with the chip, hence why I ask for the dynamic chart and still suggest looking at either the pump or the CPU-block contact. Can't be the TIM since Haswell-E is soldered.

I'd wait with buying fans and look at what's wrong with the current setup first. 

My reasoning behind suspecting the fans is because the radiator is trying to shift a lot of heat. But when I take the top panel off my load temps drop to about 62c. I came to the conclusion that either the top panel was chocking the rad some what or the fans don't have the pressure when the rad is slightly obstructed by the panel.

That panel looks rather restrictive indeed. The fan upgrade would always be marginal at best, so If the temperaturedrop is as significant as you mention a new type of fan will likely only have severe diminishing returns. I think this is a case (pun not intended) of form over function by NZXT.

Do you notice a significant audible difference when removing the top panel? (fans being unburdened)

Why 1500rpm?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.