The Witcher 3 DLC ?

shert73

So if The Witcher 3's DLC is free, than why is there a season pass for it on steam for 25$?

<p>CPU: Intel i7 4790k(4.9GHz), Motherboard: ASUS sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB) GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 (2 way SLI) PSU: EVGA 850w G2 Storage: Intel 730 Series 240GB 2.5" SSD, Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB Case: NZXT H440 Designed by Razer, EK,Alphacool,Bitspower custom loop.

“Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding.”

Albert Einstein 14 December 1930

"Witcher 3 DLC is free" The developers have explained over and over that they regard 'DLC' and expansions as separate. Small item downloads are what they said would be free. Not hours of content that will come months or a year after release.

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

So if The Witcher 3's DLC is free, than why is there a season pass for it on steam for 25$?

I heard that there will be DLC that's not free. It'll likely be regarded similarly to WoW's expansions. Many hours of content for a moderate fee. 

Previously Trogdor8freebird

5800x | Asus x570 Pro Wifi (barely enough for 64GB apparently given it's 2133 and still crashes sometimes) | 64GB DDR4 | 3070 Ti 8GB | Love that whole weeb shit

What they are calling expansions is content that's been cut out of the game and changed to content you pay for. They are lying as that's DLC.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

What they are calling expansions is content that's been cut out of the game and changed to content you pay for. They are lying as that's DLC.

You are saying they are cuting 30h of gamepay out of basic game? What? And it is supposed to come in 2016 so if what you are saying is true I see no reason why they shouldnt relase it this year. Get your facts straight... there is a lot of different types of DLC and this one is Expansion .. 2 new campaings!

You are saying they are cuting 30h of gamepay out of basic game? What? And it is supposed to come in 2016 so if what you are saying is true I see no reason why they shouldnt relase it this year. Get your facts straight... there is a lot of different types of DLC and this one is Expansion .. 2 new campaings!

Other companies do the same thing, with varying amounts of cut gameplay. At the end of the day this is downloadable content that you have to actually buy. And they said they weren't going to be having DLC.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

"When we make a game and ask people to pay money for it, we sign a long-term agreement with them," he said. "We owe them. They paid us money, whether it was a full-price purchase or a bit later, we owe them support of our game. So people will get a lot of support with Witcher 3, and we're preparing some cool stuff." Support doesn't just mean bug fixes and other odds and ends, though. Smaller pieces of content, he believes, should also be free. That, to him, is DLC. Bigger stuff? Well, that trundles into expansion territory, and that's when a price tag becomes necessary. But otherwise, everybody's on equal footing."First and foremost, I think the word 'DLC' has been extremely devalued," he opined. "Any additional content is called DLC, whether it's one sword or some costume options or a full expansion pack. I really look at it differently. For me DLC is the smaller bits and pieces, and we will never charge for those things."

http://tmi.kotaku.com/the-witcher-3-guys-promise-theyll-do-dlc-right-1595359101

If people could stop the bullshit of putting words in the developers mouth that might mitigate the amount of stupid emanating from the LTT forum. People haven't bothered to actually read, end of discussion.

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

CD-PR made a solid distinction between "DLC" and "Expansion Pack" - I'm not quite sure why this has caused a bit of an "outrage", CD-PR shouldn't have announced it, but its like having a top secret event for a COD release... no need, we know another is coming out regardless. However, from a money-making standpoint, announcing them now means they can advertise it on Steam, as you said. CD-PR are a business, they need to make money.

May you have many mahogany doors. | http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/GsxYcf

Other companies do the same thing, with varying amounts of cut gameplay. At the end of the day this is downloadable content that you have to actually buy. And they said they weren't going to be having DLC.

They said that you get 16 free DLCs.

And you cant put every company in the same bag.

There is a LOT of different DLCs.

For Example:

EA - Mass Effect

DayOne DLC - Javik the Protean .. character important to the story that was cut out to be sold separately (dirty marketing)

Mission DLC - will add 1 new mission (1-2h of aditional gameplay at most)

Item DLC - will add few new items

Character DLC - will add new crew member

Deep Silver - Metro Last Light

Difficulty DLC - will add new difficulty level and they claim "The way it was meant to be played"... are you serious? This was obviously cut out of the game.

Bohemia Interactive - Arma 3

Zeus DLC - free for everyone

Motocars DLC - cheap, will add new type of vehicle to the game, money are supposed to go on charity

Helicopters DLC - will add game mechanics for free for everyone, you need to pay up if you want to play with the new helicopters though

Marksman DLC - will add game mechanics for free for everyone, you need to pay up if you want to play with the new weapons though (that is very reasonable in my opinion)

Valve - Half-Life 2

Half-Life 2 Episode One DLC - this one is Expansion.. it was obviously not cut out of the game!

Half-Life 2 Episode Two DLC - this one is Expansion .. it was obviously not cut out of the game! And yes.. you dont need to own Half-Life 2 in order to play Episode One or Two but it is still an EXPANSION.

I hope I got my point along :/

Just because we call EVERYTHING that comes later after the game is relased DLC, it doesent mean it is all bad. Yes, most of DLCs these days are just money grabs I agree with that BUT there are still exceptions. And to claim that someone cut game to pieces intentionaly to sell you those pieces just because they announced DLCs in advance is not reasonable. It just means that the developers have roadmap and they intend to support the game further. And yes, they also have to make living out of that, imagine that!

Expansion pass

Includes a 10 hour story set in no man's land

and expansion 2 is a NEW GAME REGION with 20 hours of content (new campaign)

(The Devs have also said that they include new Armour sets and weapons)

My PC Specs: CPU: Core i5 4590 @ stock speeds, GPU: RX 480 8GB, RAM: 16GB DDR3 @1600mhz

Case: Zalman ZM-T4,Motherboard: GigaByte GA-H81M-S2H LGA 1150, HDD/SSD: 2TB Seagate Expansion drive, 1TB Samsung Portable HDD, 160gb Intel SSD, PSU: 550w corsair cxm

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

It releases May 19 2015

My PC Specs: CPU: Core i5 4590 @ stock speeds, GPU: RX 480 8GB, RAM: 16GB DDR3 @1600mhz

Case: Zalman ZM-T4,Motherboard: GigaByte GA-H81M-S2H LGA 1150, HDD/SSD: 2TB Seagate Expansion drive, 1TB Samsung Portable HDD, 160gb Intel SSD, PSU: 550w corsair cxm

Game, yes. Expansions are 2016 though.

The First Expansion comes out in October and second expansion is 2016 :)