Overall System Cooling Changes

FedCOM

Hey guys, wanted to get your 2 cents on some changes i want to do to my cooling setup.

Currently I have a 120 and 140 intake, a 120 and 140 on a 140 rad that is part of the CoolerMaster AIO 210L

This is cooling an I5 2500k (not OC) in a Corsair 350 case (no window) and a G1 Gaming 970 Card.

The 210L is starting to act up a little and I want to move back to Air Cooling, not doing any over clocking nor am I planning on it.

So my goals are for good cooling and silent or near it operation.

My goal is to standardize the intakes top and front to 140 mm, was thinking of using Noctua NF-A14 PWM with the LNA

Not really sure of the CPU cooler.

So my question to you guys are:

Do you have suggestions for better intake 140 mm fans (two front, and two top) to get good air flow with no to extremely low noise

Which cooler would you guys suggest for the CPU.

Was thinking of Sycythe Kotetsu or the NH-D15 from Noctua but that one seems a bit pricy and huge.

I would go for the noctua air cooler you mentioned! And may go for all noctua fans aswell, go full on NOCTUA!!!!! But spectre pro's are pretty good fans if I say so myself

'FrostNova' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Samsterstorm/saved/WtBWGX :

CPU: Intel 4790k | MB: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (+200, +250) | CASE: NZXT H440 (Black & Blue) | COOLER: Full EK 240mm CPU Loop | RAM: 16GB Hyper-X Fury (4x4GB @2133mhz) | STORAGE: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & Hyperx 120gb SSD | PSU: Corsair RM650 | SCREEN: Benq G2750 | LIGHTING: Deepcool RGB LED Kit | KEYBOARD: CM Devastator | MOUSE: Logitech G502 | HEADSET: Hyperx Clouds White 

So If you aren't doing any overclocking then grab a hyper 212 evo from Cooler master and grab some Noctua Redux 140mm fans since they are really quiet and if you still want to do anything more you can replace the fan on the 212 evo with a Noctua one. If all of that is still too loud you can grab some LNAs for on the cheap since they don't come with them

Hi there. Move along, n0thing to see here.

So from what I understand the Noctua Redux line is the cheaper fan line right?

The Noctua NF-A14 PWM or the Redux will not really be that much different for a case intake fan?

So from what I understand the Noctua Redux line is the cheaper fan line right?

The Noctua NF-A14 PWM or the Redux will not really be that much different for a case intake fan?

The A14 will come with more frills and better colors but since you said that you don't have window then it doesn't matter to you. But objectively no there will not be much difference. 

Hi there. Move along, n0thing to see here.

Yeah to me its performance and functionality over looks

What is your price range for CPU cooler? D15 is really high end and if you won't OC, also pretty much overkill. Smaller and cheaper Noctuas like U12S and U14S could suite you better. But also 212 Evo if you really just want well performing cheaper cooler.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I am willing to spend 100 on a full set of case fans, well almost full set, got a Noctua 120 PWM in as an exhaust right now.

As for the cooler i would say the D15 would be the most I would be willing to spend but would prefer something a bit cheaper.

I kind of want best of both worlds, good cooling and silence, though i guess it is a bit easier to do since i do not plan on any OC and I am not running a hot card with the 970.

I was thinking of something from Sythe.  Like a Kotetsu or a Mugen 4.