$120 Headphone amp?

Octavialicious

Hello friends, right now I'm having a hard time trying to find a good amp for my HE-560s :P They're supposedly hard to power and I want to run them to their full potential. The only requirements are that it's not much more than $120 and it's on Amazon (I have a giftcard lol)

I'm looking at the Bravo Audio Ocean and the Schiit Magni, and I'm not interested in the FiiO E10K (had one and it was meh) Open to any suggestions :)

Thanks!

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

For $120, it's kinda hard to find something better than E10k. For amp function only, I've had my eyes on Xduoo TA-02. The specs are looking good for that one. 

Oh and stay away from Bravo Ocean. I don't have personal experience on that, but never seen a good review on those. Even the guy at an audio store that carries the thing said it's not good, for the price. 

http://www.amazon.com/FiiO-E10K-Headphone-Amplifier-Black/dp/B00LP3AMC2

It might be a bit lacking, but reviews state that it can even drive the 300 Ohm HD650's so the HE-560's should be alright, if ever so slightly lacking when you push them really hard.

Ummmm....the HARDEST to drive headphone in the market, HE-6, is 50 ohms.....

Here's a light read: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/290749-the-impedance-ballad-image-heavy/

it looks good but it's not on amazon :c

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

Ummmm....no

Never captured the calculation with HD650, but I did captured the DT990 250 ohms

dt990_zps586e77f8.jpg

he6_zpsa0da5685.jpg

HE-6 50 ohms needs 17.88x (447mW vs 25mW) the power needed by DT990 250 ohms to get to the same 110dB loudness. 

You're free to believe what you want, even if it's against the hard, cold, tested facts. Just please...don't infect other people....

Never captured the calculation with HD650, but I did captured the DT990 250 ohms

dt990_zps586e77f8.jpg

he6_zpsa0da5685.jpg

HE-6 50 ohms needs 17.88x (447mW vs 25mW) the power needed by DT990 250 ohms to get to the same 110dB loudness. 

You're free to believe what you want, even if it's against the hard, cold, tested facts. Just please...don't infect other people....

There are many factors that affect noise output rather than just Ohms. Maybe you can't see this, but your "hard, cold, tested facts" aren't facts.

But you believe what you want there pumpkin.

it looks good but it's not on amazon :c

shit. SAP-II is on amazon, and should be plenty powerful; they claim 1W into 32 ohms. Might not be as premium as you were looking for, though.

There are many factors that affect noise output rather than just Ohms. Maybe you can't see this, but your "hard, cold, tested facts" aren't facts.

gallery_40059_1318_796075.gif

That was the whole point of the spreadsheet, but apparently you are too stupid to get it.

shit. SAP-II is on amazon, and should be plenty powerful; they claim 1W into 32 ohms. Might not be as premium as you were looking for, though.

I'll give it a look, thanks! :)

gallery_40059_1318_796075.gif

That was the whole point of the spreadsheet, but apparently you are too stupid to get it.

Then how is that info relevant?

The matter at hand here is that the Fiio E10K can drive the HE-560's pretty close to their limit. Not about what other headphones limits are. So both of your arguments mean sweet fuck all in the grand scheme of things.

Then how is that info relevant?

The matter at hand here is that the Fiio E10K can drive the HE-560's pretty close to their limit. Not about what other headphones limits are. So both of your arguments mean sweet fuck all in the grand scheme of things.

Because it demonstrates that you are wrong, don't know what you are talking about, and are spreading misinformation that could result in poor buying decisions. Stop it.

Because it demonstrates that you are wrong, don't know what you are talking about, and are spreading misinformation that could result in poor buying decisions. Stop it.

And what misinformation might that be? hm?

And in the end the other bellend came to the same conclusion and recommended the E10K as well. So I really don't know what's stuck up your ass so far that it makes you a complete toss. But you do you and I'll do me ey?

And what misinformation might that be? hm?

And in the end the other bellend came to the same conclusion and recommended the E10K as well. So I really don't know what's stuck up your ass so far that it makes you a complete toss. But you do you and I'll do me ey?

Your mistake has been explained, I suggest you think about what you've done quietly and way from the other children.

Your mistake has been explained, I suggest you think about what you've done quietly and way from the other children.

Yourself being the child I presume?

What about this one? I hear a lot about Topping, and it's also USB (which is preferred)

http://www.amazon.com/TOPPING-Tripath-Subwoofer-Amplifier-Digital/dp/B00H6XDE4S/ref=pd_cp_e_1

What about this one? I hear a lot about Topping, and it's also USB (which is preferred)

http://www.amazon.com/TOPPING-Tripath-Subwoofer-Amplifier-Digital/dp/B00H6XDE4S/ref=pd_cp_e_1

I don't know much about Topping; they seem to be another middle of the road Chinease audio company.

Take it from the top, shall we?

It might be a bit lacking, but reviews state that it can even drive the 300 Ohm HD650's so the HE-560's should be alright, if ever so slightly lacking when you push them really hard.

Here, you recommended E10k, while the OP explicitly said:

I'm looking at the Bravo Audio Ocean and the Schiit Magni, and I'm not interested in the FiiO E10K (had one and it was meh) Open to any suggestions :)

Thanks!

So good going reading there, +1 point for reading.

Second, you recommended E10k, mentioning the impedance as a point of consideration:

The fact is HE560 is A LOT less sensitive than the HD650, 90dB/mW vs 103dB/mW, thus it requires more power.

http://www.head-direct.com/Products/?act=detail&id=197#

http://www.cnet.com/products/sennheiser-hd-650/specs/

Third, when I tried to correct you, you replied (or 'retaliated' might be the better word):

While the bold words are true, why did you even bring up the issue of impedance in the first place? Oh and the bold words actually confirmed what I said first, HE-6 is the hardest to drive headphone in the market, while being only 50 ohms. Because impedance is not the determining factor of how hard it is to properly drive a headphone.

It might be a bit lacking, but reviews state that it can even drive the 300 Ohm HD650's so the HE-560's should be alright,

So to recap, first you recommended a product that the OP explicitly said he doesn't want, then you stated that you recommended it because of its ability to drive 300 ohms headphones, then after that you said ohms (impedance) by itself can't be used to judge noise output.

SSL's Joker meme is actually very close to the mark, because of the character....

It looks nice and clean and I think I'm going to stick with it. Since it's only $60 I have $60 left over, so I could maybe find an ok dac. Would something like this work with the sap? http://www.amazon.com/SMSL-SD793-II-PCM1793-DIR9001-amplifier/dp/B00A2QLPJM/ref=sr_1_9?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1428654346&sr=1-9&keywords=headphone+dac

Shut up already.

Nobody wants you here or cares about your advice.

Dark can you help me out with this dac amp combo thing? It's really confusing me.

DAC: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009WN7QT4/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

AMP:  http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00J2PJQ0O/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3GAX7ZBPA4DZX

Here is my idea: USB into DAC --> Red and white go out into red and white on AMP --> 3.5mm to headphones

would that work?