My first Big build! and terrible overclock :) lol

krisrilee

Here she is. This is my first build in a while and first one over $500. lol. 

I want to thank Linus Tech Tips. I've been watching your videos for years and you're the only reason I know how to build a computer.

Rocking:

Cpu: 5820k @ 4.4ghz at 1.35v (I know I need to work on that)

Cooler: Kraken X61 (OMFG literally the worst software controller on the planet)

Gpu: Msi gtx 980

Mobo: Msi x99s SLI Plus 

Ram: 16gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 

Drives: 2X120gb Samsung 850 Evos in R0

Psu: corsair HX750

fbgo4y.jpg

She needs work, especially cable management(the back side panel has a pretty good baby bump lol). I'll eventually sleeve everything cause that 24 pin connector is just gross. 

33vm97k.jpg

In here you can see the stealth cd drive. My top drive bay opens. Totally worth doing if you have a corsair case that looks funny when you have a cd drive in it. 

I need some help actually with this. although i should probably post in the overclock forums. I'm at 4.4ghz at 1.35v. she idles at 31 degrees but hits about 82 max load. that seems really high to me. what do you think?

Thanks for viewing :)

Here she is. This is my first build in a while and first one over $500. lol. 

I want to thank Linus Tech Tips. I've been watching your videos for years and you're the only reason I know how to build a computer.

Rocking:

Cpu: 5820k @ 4.4ghz at 1.35v (I know I need to work on that)

Cooler: Kraken X61 (OMFG literally the worst software controller on the planet)

Gpu: Msi gtx 980

Mobo: Msi x99s SLI Plus 

Ram: 16gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 

Drives: 2X120gb Samsung 850 Evos in R0

Psu: corsair HX750

fbgo4y.jpg

She needs work, especially cable management(the back side panel has a pretty good baby bump lol). I'll eventually sleeve everything cause that 24 pin connector is just gross. 

33vm97k.jpg

In here you can see the stealth cd drive. My top drive bay opens. Totally worth doing if you have a corsair case that looks funny when you have a cd drive in it. 

I need some help actually with this. although i should probably post in the overclock forums. I'm at 4.4ghz at 1.35v. she idles at 31 degrees but hits about 82 max load. that seems really high to me. what do you think?

Thanks for viewing :)

That looks and most likely performs beastly.

Thats pretty high. I wouldn't push that chip any higher then 4.4ghz tbh

Nice build tho :D

-snip-

The 4.4Ghz... is that on all cores? Or per core.

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

Awsome build! Really like the stormtrooper too!

The 4.4Ghz... is that on all cores? Or per core.

What's the difference? lol im a n00b

Awsome build! Really like the stormtrooper too!

Steph the stormtrooper keepin it real. 

What's the difference? lol im a n00b

Per core means the overclocking can be done individually to each core.

All cores means its on all 6 in your case.

All cores generally gives you the "truest" results of your chip's overclocking capability.

BUT I will say, sometimes you need a little bit more voltage on these chips. My 5820k is running 4.7GHz on all cores, but I'm up to 1.383v

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

1.35 volts isnt as bad as you might think, to get my 5930k to 4.5GHz im running at 1.35 as well

I set my clock multiplier to 44 in bios

I was scared to push more voltage because I'm at the top of my temperature overhead. this X61 cooler isn't as killer as I thought it would be. I'm hitting 82 degrees on my third core. w/ artic silver paste.

I was scared to push more voltage because I'm at the top of my temperature overhead. this X61 cooler isn't as killer as I thought it would be. I'm hitting 82 degrees on my third core. w/ artic silver paste.

That doesn't seem right... I'm running air cooling and don't go past 74 degrees. Is your cooler seated properly?

I'm assuming it is. put the standoffs on, cleaned the cpu and cooler with alcohol, grain of rice paste, and diagonal thumb screws. should i take it off and check?

That doesn't seem right... I'm running air cooling and don't go past 74 degrees. Is your cooler seated properly?

Agreed im also on 74 degrees with a h100i

ill take it off and check it right now.

If you fancy it, take a pic of the CPU and cooler so that people can see how the thermal paste was laid, someone might notice somthing

If you fancy it, take a pic of the CPU and cooler so that people can see how the thermal paste was laid, someone might notice somthing

litterally just put it back on to read this hhahahahah

24aydzn.jpg

See my max temps. insanely too high

If you have variable voltage on in the bios try turning it off, it can cause it to go above the preset voltage you have set.

Edit: I say this because if you look at the AIDA64 core voltage reading its really low, which is what it would have been when you launched AIDA. i bet if you launch AIDA64 while the test is running it is above 1.35V

If you have variable voltage on in the bios try turning it off, it can cause it to go above the preset voltage you have set

there are like 4 choices for voltage. which do i pick? like a strait up override?

there are like 4 choices for voltage. which do i pick? like a strait up override?

Yeah force it to always be 1.35V

You might be able to drop the voltage down as well if the test is successful

ill do that. now and for some reason now I'm idling at 10 degrees more than before. should i let the paste work in or redo it again?

great build by the way

Thanks man :D

2vrzsea.jpg

That brought it down a bit. It goes super high them comes down ~5 degrees or so. also using corsair af140L fans on my radiator because the nzxt ones are freaking loud. so only 3 fans. 2 pulling though front rad and 1 in back of case pulling in to push air over the vrms.

Couple of things, AF fans are air flow and not good for radiators, have a look at corsair SP140 SP are static pressure and designed for radiators.

Going back to the temp issue, are the temps the same with the fans that came with the radiator?

Can you launch Aida after you have begin the stress test so that we can see the core voltage when its under load.

I JUST THOUGHT OF SOMETHING. i have the fans not directly on the rad. the rad is on the outside of the fan mounting plate and the fans are on the inside. 

vigx2g.jpg

here you can see the mount. should they both be on the inside of the case so the fans can seal onto it, cause im assuming lower water temp= lower cpu temp right