Afterburner problem

SkixAces
Go to solution Solved by SkixAces,

ok so then it is confirmed a driver problem and when you're sure it is solved please use the solved button just play for a while first though to make sure hope all goes well on the stock drivers :)

It seems to be sorted on the newest driver (14.12, not the beta driver)

Im not sure what did the trick, I did the following:

*cleaned the pc with compressed air

*reseated it again

*Followed this faq to delete the driver: http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/GPU57RemoveOldGraphicsDrivers.aspx

*I deleted msi afterburner.

After I did all of that I installed the newest driver and the problem seems to be gone

To be sure im gonna play a quick game of counter strike global offensive, and if its gone I am going to klick the solve button :)

hello guys.

Idk why but since a few days my gpu keeps its overclock settings even when out of game.

Normally when I went out of game my clock and memory speed went below 500, now they just stay at 1110 for core and 1500 for memory.

My gpu: club 3d radeon r9 270 '14 series

This is very annoying as the fan is constantly pretty loud.

Doen anyone know how to solve this?

System: CPU - I5-6500 Motherboard - Asus B150M-A RAM - Crucial ballistix sport 2x4GB DDR4 @2400MHz GPU - RX 480 PSU - Seasonic S12II 520W Case - Aerocool Aero-800 HDD - Seagate 1TB SSD - PNY CS1311 120GB Monitor - AOC G2260VWQ6

turn off start up.

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

turn off start up.

Thats turned off, because I just reinstalled it. Still same problem.

I think it came after I installed the amd beta driver 15.3

System: CPU - I5-6500 Motherboard - Asus B150M-A RAM - Crucial ballistix sport 2x4GB DDR4 @2400MHz GPU - RX 480 PSU - Seasonic S12II 520W Case - Aerocool Aero-800 HDD - Seagate 1TB SSD - PNY CS1311 120GB Monitor - AOC G2260VWQ6

Thats turned off, because I just reinstalled it. Still same problem.

I think it came after I installed the amd beta driver 15.3

remove drivers with driver sweeper then reinstall with latest drivers not Beta.

Treat people how you want to be treated.

:)

remove drivers with driver sweeper then reinstall with latest drivers not Beta.

Oke gonna do that. Hope it works, the driver isnt stable at all. In less demanding games like csgo the driver sometimes crashes and I have to restart the pc

Oke gonna do that. Hope it works, the driver isnt stable at all. In less demanding games like csgo the driver sometimes crashes and I have to restart the pc

if you use driver sweeper i see no reason why it should not work.

if you use driver sweeper i see no reason why it should not work.

I did it, and the clocks are all good now. 

I have gotten another problem after installing the 14.2 driver though. Sometimes the screen is randomly flickering with brown textures.

Its very annoying, do you have a fix for that?

I did it, and the clocks are all good now. 

I have gotten another problem after installing the 14.2 driver though. Sometimes the screen is randomly flickering with brown textures.

Its very annoying, do you have a fix for that?

well is your GPU connected properly via HDMI/VGA/DVI and is it seated properly on the motherboard? 

well is your GPU connected properly via HDMI/VGA/DVI and is it seated properly on the motherboard? 

Yes, I  never had that before, and it happened just after installing the driver again, 40 minutes ago

Yes, I  never had that before, and it happened just after installing the driver again, 40 minutes ago

okay try reconnecting the HDMI vga dvi whatever you're using, if that does not work i would suggest trying to remove the drivers again with driver sweeper and install the stock drivers that came on disc with your GPU, if that fixes the issue then you could potentially update from the stock back to the latest, sounds strange but i had a issue only way it was fixed was updating from stock to latest. 

okay try reconnecting the HDMI vga dvi whatever you're using, if that does not work i would suggest trying to remove the drivers again with driver sweeper and install the stock drivers that came on disc with your GPU, if that fixes the issue then you could potentially update from the stock back to the latest, sounds strange but i had a issue only way it was fixed was updating from stock to latest. 

I dont have a DVD drive so I cant do that. I already tried reinstalling for the 2nd time. Gonna try the cable now, if that doesnt work im gonna try and find de driver that comes on the disc and download it manually

I dont have a DVD drive so I cant do that. I already tried reinstalling for the 2nd time. Gonna try the cable now, if that doesnt work im gonna try and find de driver that comes on the disc and download it manually

okay let me know if it works good luck :)

Well, I have a laptop with DVD drive so I pasted them over to an usb flash drive. Installed the driver that were on there and it still does the flickering thing. Weird thing is that it didnt do that before I installed the drivers, so when there werent any drivers installed. I obviously cant miss those drivers as I game alot, and those games just need it.

Maybe its afterburner or so, idk. Im just gonna keep trying

EDIT: Should I delete the amd folder? there is an option for that in the driver deleter: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zggd3cd96va8qul/Schermafdruk%202015-04-09%2019.20.59.png?dl=0

Well, I have a laptop with DVD drive so I pasted them over to an usb flash drive. Installed the driver that were on there and it still does the flickering thing. Weird thing is that it didnt do that before I installed the drivers, so when there werent any drivers installed. I obviously cant miss those drivers as I game alot, and those games just need it.

EDIT: Should I delete the amd folder? there is an option for that in the driver deleter: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zggd3cd96va8qul/Schermafdruk%202015-04-09%2019.20.59.png?dl=0

okay so when you have no drivers installed, it does not flicker or anything, then this must mean its a problem with your GPU and if it is not OC then i do not see how afterburner would mess with it, remove the beta driver folder that is still in the AMD folder and any other old folder only keep the current driver you have installed then try restarting your computer see if the problem persists.

Also did you use Driver sweeper? because i do not see it anywhere on your desktop

okay so when you have no drivers installed, it does not flicker or anything, then this must mean its a problem with your GPU and if it is not OC then i do not see how afterburner would mess with it, remove the beta driver folder that is still in the AMD folder and any other old folder only keep the current driver you have installed then try restarting your computer see if the problem persists.

Deleted every map except for the driver I just installed which is from the disc. the problem still excists. Should I delete the driver again, and tick the box which says to delete the amd driver folder? 

EDIT: its called display driver uninstaller. When I went do download driver sweeper it said on that website the program had changed to display driver uninstaller so I downloaded that

Deleted every map except for the driver I just installed which is from the disc. the problem still excists. Should I delete the driver again, and tick the box which says to delete the amd driver folder? 

EDIT: its called display driver uninstaller. When I went do download driver sweeper it said on that website the program had changed to display driver uninstaller so I downloaded that

okay i have downloaded the new driver sweeper it seems more simple yes tick the remove amd folder button and pick the clean and restart option, but do this in safe mode this time, when it restarts install your stock that you have put on USB in normal windows then restart again

okay i have downloaded the new driver sweeper it seems more simple yes tick the remove amd folder button and pick the clean and restart option, but do this in safe mode this time, when it restarts install your stock that you have put on USB in normal windows then restart again

Did that. Again while no drivers were installed, everything was fine. As soon as the driver was installed and I had restarted the pc, the textures were there again.

I am using this driver: 14.9

My os is windows 7 ultimate 64-bit

Did that. Again while no drivers were installed, everything was fine. As soon as the driver was installed and I had restarted the pc, the textures were there again.

I am using this driver: 14.9

My os is windows 7 ultimate 64-bit

Then this is probably a GPU issue and not a driver issue have you tried removing your GPU and reseating it?

do you ever check your temps on your GPU? you could have damaged it by overheating it. 

Then this is probably a GPU issue and not a driver issue have you tried removing your GPU and reseating it?

do you ever check your temps on your GPU? you could have damaged it by overheating it. 

No I havent tried that, but how can it be a gpu problem when it works fine without drivers. Might try that in a bit

No I havent tried that, but how can it be a gpu problem when it works fine without drivers. Might try that in a bit

Because when you remove the drivers it uses your on board graphics not your GPU

i am going to assume it may have overheated and caused some damage or if your lucky it could just not be seated correctly, my advice is to carefully take it out, and then clean it as good as possible to remove dust or dirt whilst your doing this be sure not to damage any other parts such as the mobo.

but make sure to clean all of the insides of the computer, compressed air is best, but for fans etc use some cue tips or something soft, just make sure everything looks as clean as you can make it then reseat the card, you might have to install your drivers again after i am not sure. if this does not solve it i think their is a possibility of it being your power supply also but i am not 100% sure, i think if it was a power supply issue you would just get shut-down immediately.   

hello guys.

Idk why but since a few days my gpu keeps its overclock settings even when out of game.

Normally when I went out of game my clock and memory speed went below 500, now they just stay at 1110 for core and 1500 for memory.

My gpu: club 3d radeon r9 270 '14 series

This is very annoying as the fan is constantly pretty loud.

Doen anyone know how to solve this?

I had the same problem, just turn off ShadowPlay. If that doesn't work, uninstall GeForce Experience. 

Desktop: 

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x  | Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 4 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC | RAM: 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz | GPU: Asus GTX 1070 ROG Strix | PSU: ADATA Core Reactor 850W | Case: be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | HDD: Samsung HD502HJ 500GB | SSD: XPG M2 SX8200 Pro 512GB | SSD 2: Crucial MX500 500GB | Microphone: Blue Snowball iCE | Headphones: Corsair HS70 Wireless | Soundcard: Maya U5 5.1 | Speakers: Genius SP-HF1800A | Phone: Samsung Galaxy S10

Secondary Desktop:

CPU: Intel i7 4770k @stock | Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: Asus Z97-PRO (Wi-Fi AC) | RAM: 2x8GB 1600MHz DDR3 | GPU: Asus GTX 1070 ROG Strix | PSU: OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W | Case: SilentiumPC Aquaris X70W | HDD: Samsung HD502HJ 500GB | SSD : Corsair Force LS 240GB

ASUS ZenBook Pro UX550VD:

CPU: i5-7300HQ | RAM: 8GB DDR4, 2400MHz | GPU: GTX 1050 + Intel HD Graphics 630 | Storage: 512GB M.2 SSD 

i am going to assume it may have overheated and caused some damage or if your lucky it could just not be seated correctly, my advice is to carefully take it out, and then clean it as good as possible to remove dust or dirt whilst your doing this be sure not to damage any other parts such as the mobo.

but make sure to clean all of the insides of the computer, compressed air is best, but for fans etc use some cue tips or something soft, just make sure everything looks as clean as you can make it then reseat the card, you might have to install your drivers again after i am not sure. if this does not solve it i think their is a possibility of it being your power supply also but i am not 100% sure, i think if it was a power supply issue you would just get shut-down immediately.   

I've build it myself so I know I have to be carefull. Removed some dust from the gpu (wasnt that dirty since I build it only 2 months ago). Put it back in, and no problems yet. I hope it is solved now. Gonna run a game in a minute and see how it reacts to that. Thanks for the great help btw

Also it couldnt have been overheated since I monitored it with afterburner the whole time, and the max temp it hits is 66.

I've build it myself so I know I have to be carefull. Removed some dust from the gpu (wasnt that dirty since I build it only 2 months ago). Put it back in, and no problems yet. I hope it is solved now. Gonna run a game in a minute and see how it reacts to that. Thanks for the great help btw

Also it couldnt have been overheated since I monitored it with afterburner the whole time, and the max temp it hits is 66.

good to hear no problems so far, if the problem does not persist in the next couple of hours or so please "Mark Solved" on the appropriate comment so that if others come across this thread they can solve the issue too, i hope all goes well and you're welcome for the help good luck happy gaming :)