Best Air Flow and Evo212 fans

Hey guys,

I would need some help to choose quiet and good fans for my case and maybe to change the one that comes with the Evo 212. I don't know if the one that comes with the 212 Evo is silent or not. My case of my new build will be a Fractal Design Define R4. I want to know if i should change all the fans in the case for silent one, should i put 140mm or 120mm? Should I put 2 in front of the case as air intake + one in the back of the case as an exhaust + one on the side panel too? Where I live in Canada (Montreal) the easier fans to find are the Corsair. I would be buying them on http://www.canadacomputers.com/. I know I would have to put a SP (Static Pressure) fan on my 212 Evo and the rest as AF(Air Flow). Should I put 2 fans on the 212 Evo or just keep a SP fan on the right of it pushing the air true the Heatsink to the back exhaust fan?  I would like to have a silent computer but cool at the same time. I heard about the Noctua but at the store they don't have them.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K --- 425$
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB GDDR5 SSC ACX Cooler 2.0 --- 460$
Motherboard: ASUS Z97-PRO (Wi-Fi AC) --- 255$
RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB --- 97$
SSD: Sandisk Extreme Pro 240gb --- 179$  or  Samsung 850 Evo --- 145$  or  Samsung 850 Pro --- 209$
Hard Drive HDD: Western Digital Blue 1TB --- 65$
Power Supply: Corsair Professional Series Modular HX650 80PLUS Gold 650W PSU --- 139$
DVD Player/Burner: ASUS (DRW-24F1ST/BLK/B) Internal 24x DVD Writer --- 20$
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO --- 45$
Monitor: BENQ XL2411Z 144hz --- 300$
Case: Fractal Design Define R4 --- 104$

Thanks in advance!!

Corsair fans are pretty loud. Have a look at be Quiet Silent Wings 2. Those are great and you can use them as case and radiator fans.
For heatsinks use air flow optimized fans. Pressure optimized fans are only worth it on radiators.

But why not wait until your rig is built and then see if the fans are too loud or not. You can easily replace them afterwards.

Are you limited to only CanadaComputers or are you open to other Canadian shops?

The fans on the R4 and 212 Evo aren't that quiet.

Did you already purchase the system or are you planning a new build? The parts list seems quite a bit more expensive than it should be.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I could get my stuff at another store in Canada but it has t be near Montreal. I didn't buy anything yet, I will buy it in the middle of may. I compared CanadaComputers and MicroByte, it's cheaper at CanadaComputer. I prefer to buy from a store than online so if there's something wrong it's easier to return or exchange.

I could get my stuff at another store in Canada but it has t be near Montreal. I didn't buy anything yet, I will buy it in the middle of may. I compared CanadaComputers and MicroByte, it's cheaper at CanadaComputer. I prefer to buy from a store than online so if there's something wrong it's easier to return or exchange.

But did you already purchase the system or are you planning a new build?

You need to quote a post or tag a member or else they won't get a notification you replied to them.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

But did you already purchase the system or are you planning a new build?

You need to quote a post or tag a member or else they won't get a notification you replied to them.

Oh ok I didn't know about that. But no I didn't buy it yet I'm planning it and will probably buy it in a month from now.

Oh ok I didn't know about that. But no I didn't buy it yet I'm planning it and will probably buy it in a month from now.

I'd suggest planning the system as whole instead of planning airflow separately from the rest of the system components.

A month is also a long time from now. I'd suggest planning later. ~2-3 days at most before you buy. Parts and prices change frequently so any parts list you come up with now will likely be obsolete by the time you're ready to buy.

I'd suggest planning the system as whole instead of planning airflow separately from the rest of the system components.

A month is also a long time from now. I'd suggest planning later. ~2-3 days at most before you buy. Parts and prices change frequently so any parts list you come up with now will likely be obsolete by the time you're ready to buy.

I will for sure look at everything couple days before i will buy my new computer. I posted my whole build so people can see what i will have and be able to suggest me options.