Need replacement Motherboard and CPU

So about 1/2 a week ago my desktop died and we have come to find it was either the motherboard or the CPU. My old motherboard was a Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H and my old CPU was an Intel i5-3470. I bought these around December 2012, so it has lasted me two years now. 

Does anyone have any suggestions on replacements for Motherboard and CPU? I'd prefer an Asus motherboard, and an Intel CPU.

It's much more likely that the motherboard died and not the cpu. I haven't a case where the cpu just dies out of nowhere. 

I'd suggest just getting a replacement motherboard. Have you considered RMA'ing the board?

Moving thread to CPUs, Motherboards, and Memory--please post in the correct sub-forum in the future.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Sorry I just realised it was in the wrong area. Seeing the motherboard is two years out of warranty I would assume I wouldnt be able to RMA it now, correct me if im wrong.

I would go with a i5 4690k thats what im getting for in my build and its a great overclocker. For a motherboard i would go with any asus z97 board. And also, is this computer for gaming?

Sorry I just realised it was in the wrong area. Seeing the motherboard is two years out of warranty I would assume I wouldnt be able to RMA it now, correct me if im wrong.

not two years out of warranty no. but getting a new board would be the best option as woodenmarker is right that cpu's never just die instantly, and if both have died then you can get a new cpu too. Unless you want to upgrade your cpu too

I would go with a i5 4690k thats what im getting for in my build and its a great overclocker. For a motherboard i would go with any asus z97 board. And also, is this computer for gaming?

Yes, but not heavy.

not two years out of warranty no. but getting a new board would be the best option as woodenmarker is right that cpu's never just die instantly, and if both have died then you can get a new cpu too. Unless you want to upgrade your cpu too

I cant get a new motherboard which fits my current cpu - There are no more socket 1155 motherboards being made.