I am looking to build a PC for gaming but I am unsure whether or not o should use water cooling for my build. I have heard other youtubers say that water cooling can increase the life of your PC so I thought that maybe water cooling would be better for mine... If I am using an Intel i7-4790k quad-core processor, is it worth using a water cooling system to improve the life of my PC? Just looking for suggestions and general opinions on water cooling in general. Also, I don't plan to overclock my CPU, if that changes anybody's opinion. Thanks in advance!

I am looking to build a PC for gaming but I am unsure whether or not o should use water cooling for my build. I have heard other youtubers say that water cooling can increase the life of your PC so I thought that maybe water cooling would be better for mine... If I am using an Intel i7-4790k quad-core processor, is it worth using a water cooling system to improve the life of my PC? Just looking for suggestions and general opinions on water cooling in general. Also, I don't plan to overclock my CPU, if that changes anybody's opinion. Thanks in advance!

ive never heard watercoolng increaseing the life of your pc before. if your not overclocking get the 4790 instead the k serires processsors are overclockable and you dont need that since you said you wont plan on doing it. what case do you have planned?

askdjfasdf

If your not over clocking, just aim for good air flow and a decent air cooler tower.

MOBO: ASUS X79 Pro CPU: i7 3820 Ram: Corsair Vengence 32Gb 2133mhz (8x4) GPU: 2 x Sapphire R9 290 in X-fire PSU: Seasonic G series 750w Drives: 1 x 750 gig WD black, 3x WD Black 1TB, 1 x Segate Barrcuda 1 TB, 1 x Toshiba 2TB, Intel 520 240gig SSD Case: Enthoo Primo w/ Green and Blue LED lighting.

If you're going to overclock, throw all expectancies of longer life out the window. Basically you're taking the parts outside of their recommended range and anything can happen.

A custom loop (or something freaky like phase change), can give you wicked cool temperatures (and look neat too) which may give you some increase in life but, if you're taking a risk, expect things to fail. May air coolers compete perfectly well with AIO solutions, it's entirely up to you how you go about it, depending on how much you plan to push your rig.

Green With Envy

A build based on a children's cartoon

If your not over clocking, just aim for good air flow and a decent air cooler tower.

ive never heard watercoolng increaseing the life of your pc before. if your not overclocking get the 4790 instead the k serires processsors are overclockable and you dont need that since you said you wont plan on doing it. what case do you have planned?

I plan to use the NZXT H440 (black\red) mid tower case.

What do u really mean by "water cooling?" Are u thinking of getting an all in one CPU cooler or doing a full custom loop on gpu and CPU?

I supposed u can increase the lifespan of your pc, but your going to be upgrading your components before this "life span" runs out.

A simple custom loop will most likely result in more stable temps and a much quieter computer, and a solid 5ghz OC on the 4790k Forsure.

If u want to go crazy and go for a big case with 3 quad or triple rads u could find yourself with a near silent pc running at very low temps under load, and a massive overclock.

I got my 4790k to 5ghz on air with temps in the low 70s using an ernmax cooler.

I wouldn't think to much about lifespan, like I said, you'll be upgrading before u know it.

What do u really mean by "water cooling?" Are u thinking of getting an all in one CPU cooler or doing a full custom loop on gpu and CPU?

I supposed u can increase the lifespan of your pc, but your going to be upgrading your components before this "life span" runs out.

A simple custom loop will most likely result in more stable temps and a much quieter computer, and a solid 5ghz OC on the 4790k Forsure.

If u want to go crazy and go for a big case with 3 quad or triple rads u could find yourself with a near silent pc running at very low temps under load, and a massive overclock.

I got my 4790k to 5ghz on air with temps in the low 70s using an ernmax cooler.

I wouldn't think to much about lifespan, like I said, you'll be upgrading before u know it.

Good question, I meant by "water cooling" that I would buy an all in one CPU water cooler, rather than custom loops that also run throughout the tower to cool other components.

Do you have any specific recommendations for "good airflow"? And will the NZXT H440 qualify as a good airflow case?

An all in one liquid cooler is mainly for looks and less noise. Decent airflow case is probably good. If your a noise freak, it's best to go for cases that use large 230mm fans. The bitfinix shernoby XL is good.