How do I fly my starship in star citizen?

c00face

I've been struggling with this since I had the game in December. What are the basic controllers to going, how do I open the garage door?

You do not need to open the garage door....if you hit escape then click on Arena Commander, you can play multi-player online or free flight where you can get a feel for your ship and test fly it without worrying. If you hit escape again once in Arena Commander, you can click on help and options and then keyboard or controls and you will see a diagram of the keyboard and all of the controls for the ship, the flying controls are pretty simple, the basic W, A, S, and D and you can use your mouse for weapons and direction.

xddd u so funny chap hahahahah, i laugh liek 10 mineutres hahahaha darude - sandstorm haiahdoiadaadadfgrwg

No.

I know my post wasn't the most mature but this takes it to a whole new level of immaturity. 

OP, does this help?

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

@Supermangik

First off, do you have the Arena Commander module, or does it come in your package? If you don't, you will have to put 5usd down to get it.

To get in the ship, while in the hanger, you can do so from different places depending on the ship. For a mustang, I think it is to the side of the cockpit. To actually fly, there will be a circular capsule somewhere near the hangar entrance and ship holoviewer that you can interact and start AC with.

As for exact controls, depends on what peripherals you play with. It can all be keybinded so you shouldn't have too much an issue to get everything ready. To help you out a bit, safeties are limiters to protect you from blacking out and other issues. Decoupled/coupled modes are strafe-only flight and throttle based flight, respectively. For targeting, the front option page with give you the lead pip option. Leaving that off, your cursor will have what looks like a ball and line attached, you try to match that to the enemy to fire; alternatively, when you turn the option, you hit by hitting the target reticle that the ship is flying towards. Choose whichever works best for you.

If you need further help, feel free to ask any specifics.

Still new, but learning

i7 4790K / GTX 970 G1 Gaming / Maximus VII Hero / Swiftech H240x / Corsair Vengeance Pro 16gb, 1600mhz, cl9 / 850 evo 250GB /

WD Blue 1TB / HX850 / Phanteks Enthoo Pro