Managing Music on PC and iPhone

Mafiki
Go to solution Solved by Fgtfv567,

Google play music!! Upload all your music to their servers after ripping your songs to your PC. Then you can stream it all to your iPhone.

So I've been a little stressed out lately with my current media situation.

First issue: I have a million CDs that I am planning on eventually importing to iTunes, but I can't decide if I want to continue using iTunes as my music manager.

Second Issue: My iPhone, like many, runs into an issue where the storage gets eaten up by the infamous "Other" so I'm trying to find some way to stream the music to my phone so I don't have to eat up storage.

I've considered switching to Spotify, but then I feel like that's a waste to all the physical media I currently own. (Stupid I know.) I've also considered iTunes Match, and building some type of Plex server.

What are your guys' thoughts on this?

TL;DR iTunes sucks, anyone know of a replacement that can stream media to the phone but also sync with the iTunes Store?

So I've been a little stressed out lately with my current media situation.

First issue: I have a million CDs that I am planning on eventually importing to iTunes, but I can't decide if I want to continue using iTunes as my music manager.

Second Issue: My iPhone, like many, runs into an issue where the storage gets eaten up by the infamous "Other" so I'm trying to find some way to stream the music to my phone so I don't have to eat up storage.

I've considered switching to Spotify, but then I feel like that's a waste to all the physical media I currently own. (Stupid I know.) I've also considered iTunes Match, and building some type of Plex server.

What are your guys' thoughts on this?

TL;DR iTunes sucks, anyone know of a replacement that can stream media to the phone but also sync with the iTunes Store?

i use spotify web player when on computer and spotify free when on phone, however i have some tweaks that give me no ads and unlimited skips.

Treat people how you want to be treated.

:)

i use spotify web player when on computer and spotify free when on phone, however i have some tweaks that give me no ads and unlimited skips.

Mind sharing?

I just felt like I needed somthing here

Google play music!! Upload all your music to their servers after ripping your songs to your PC. Then you can stream it all to your iPhone.

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

Interesting.... Is there a song limit ?

You can add up to 50,000 songs to Google Play Music

CPU AMD FX-6300 Motherboard MSI 970A-G43 RAM G.Skill Sniper Series 8GB (2x4GB) GPU PNY GTX 660 Case NZXT Source 210 Elite (White) Storage1TB Western Digital Caviar Blue PSU Corsair 500W Display(s)AOC and Viewsonic Cooling Enermax ETS-T40-TB Keyboard CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid with Blue Switches Dollar Store Mouse Sound Dollar Store Speaker

You can add up to 50,000 songs to Google Play Music

Was just about to recommend, google play is nice but requires data/ wifi

My Main PC:

CPUi5 3570k CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T4 Motherboard: Asus p8z77-v pro  RAM: Crucial Balistic 2x4gb  GPU: Two PNY GTX 680's in SLI Case: Some rando Antec one  PSU: Thermaltake 1000w  Display: HP Elite Display 321i 23''  Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 128gb, Seagate Barracuda 1tb

No, android

then it is of no use to you sir, i am on ios Sorry, i can only do it for iOS jail broken.

Treat people how you want to be treated.

:)

I am not sure how many CD's you have exactly but google play music lets you upload 50,000 songs for free and matches them with high quality. You can upload more if you pay monthly (I think), but that also gives you google play music access which is like spotify AND you get access to youtube music key which lets you listen to music on youtube without ads and download videos offline to listen to. Not sure how bad google play music is on iOS but it can't be that bad. You would also be able to access your entire library from a web player as well.

Plex is good if you plan on just listening to music at home, but if you want to do anything outside your local network and sync it to your phone, you have to pay monthly.

After doing a little bit of research on Google Play I've determined this is my best option. Apparently there are some drawbacks on iOS but it has come a long way. Perhaps I'll use that as an excuse to purchase a Vizio CoStar and be able to stream with ease to the living room stereo (it's such a pain to do it with the Apple TV)

Thanks all!

Xbox Music for the win.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

After doing a little bit of research on Google Play I've determined this is my best option. Apparently there are some drawbacks on iOS but it has come a long way. Perhaps I'll use that as an excuse to purchase a Vizio CoStar and be able to stream with ease to the living room stereo (it's such a pain to do it with the Apple TV)

Thanks all!

YAY! I SOLVED A PROBLEM!!

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!