will 19V blow up my ipod while charger?

Arty

Could i safely charge my ipod with 2 (battery) of these ghettoized up to this than us-bed to my ipod?

I feel like maybe the volatage would be to high? ~19V, and ~1500MAH,  would the car adapter lower it down to usb or would my ipod just blow up? My last topic died sooo....

car_chargers_4208155.jpg9sDsB3Y.jpg

You cant just plug your ipod into your computer like a normal person? .-.

eGPU Setup: Macbook Pro 13" 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB SSD, i5 3210M, GTX 980 eGPU

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

I can't help you but, that will be the most ghetto tech I have seen.

Remember to drink water!

You cant just plug your ipod into your computer like a normal person? .-.

I can't help you but, that will be the most ghetto tech I have seen.

clearly for on the go, and i like tinkering.  i have all the things, as long as it won't blow my ipod up i would like to do it

clearly for on the go, and i like tinkering. so i have all the things, as long as it won't blow my ipod up i would like to do it

im assuming youd be charging in the car? yes? then just get a regular usb car charger. or is this for something else?

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

it should work

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

im assuming youd be charging in the car? yes? then just get a regular usb car charger. or is this for something else?

i walk to and from school

and it would be fun to have as a just in case, sure its 5 times the size of my ipod but still.

19V? are you mad bro?

thats waht the usb car thing is, im hoping someone can confirm or deny that it will bring it down to usb volatages

see in the pic input/output req

thats waht the usb car thing is, im hoping someone can confirm or deny that it will bring it down to usb volatages

yes I can confirm this, I have seen this before on youtube from a phone repair guy. As long as you use the car adapter you are safe. But don't get a crappy car adapter. 

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

yes I can confirm this, I have seen this before on youtube from a phone repair guy. As long as you use the car adapter you are safe. But don't get a crappy car adapter. 

hmm, and looking at the pic that confirms it too the input/output values.

i walk to and from school

and it would be fun to have as a just in case, sure its 5 times the size of my ipod but still.

id try it out with another usb device first, but in theory if its too much the car charger bit should blow up first, giving you time to remove the ipod. if its a quality adapter, it should bring the voltage down tho

just get a battery bank 

id try it out with another usb device first, but in theory if its too much the car charger bit should blow up first, giving you time to remove the ipod. 

just get a battery bank 

pish why spend money, when i do this plus its more fun ;)

The input of that charger is 12-24v, so you will be fine using two 9.6v batteries in series(Should have 22v total when charged fully). Don't expect miracles though, ni-cd batteries are terrible so the usefulness of this will be limited(you could replace the cells with AA sized rechargeable ni-mh).

Good luck with wiring them in series to that car charger and still being able to charge them, as they still need to be charged separately. 

Desktop: i9 11900k, 32GB DDR4, 4060 Ti 8GB 🙂

Good luck with wiring them in series to that car charger and still being able to charge them, as they still need to be charged separately. 

iv got a plan for that ;)

i have oppiste gender connectors for the batterys

The input of that charger is 12-24v, so you will be fine using two 9.6v batteries in series(Should have 22v total when charged fully). Don't expect miracles though, ni-cd batteries are terrible so the usefulness of this will be limited(you could replace the cells with AA sized rechargeable ni-mh).

22V if lucky, older battery packs

thier from old rc cars in which the motors fried

Why use two? If it's a cheap car charger with a linear voltage regulator all this will do is make the charger hotter.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

Why use two? If it's a cheap car charger with a linear voltage regulator all this will do is make the charger hotter.

hmm, , im probbly going to alternate battery packs

why not use this?

apple-australian-charger-data-cable.png

doesn't that require at least 100V?

i have wall adapters. and aren;t wall adapters ac input anyway?