Cryorig R1 Ultimate or Noctua NH D15

rambi36

Which one do you think I should go with? The cryorig is $87.73 on Newegg right now (taxes included) while the Noctua is $106 on Amazon. Ram compatability is not an issue.

Life.exe is missing

I like the looks of the R1 Ultimate personally, and it performs just as well as the NH-D15. So yeah, I'd go with an R1.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

R1!!!

Im at 4.8 on my 4790k at 1.275v never go over 68C

and plus it looks amazing

Damn that looks good! looks like R1 then xD

Life.exe is missing

Damn that looks good! looks like R1 then xD

I need to get some commission for all the business ive sent cryorigs way

Noctua is a strong brand with great warranty support and reliability, I would go for that

edit: The D-15 is $90 at NCIX. Not bad considering it's only $30 more than the R1.

The R1 Universal performs similarly to the D-15 but will be noisier under load.

R1 does look amazing and is cheaper. I use a Raijintek Tisis, another very strong dual tower and cheaper than both.

I was on a very tight budget but it is an amazing cooler.

2ibcacz.jpg

Nothing to see here - move along.

R1 does look amazing and is cheaper. I use a Raijintek Tisis, another very strong dual tower and cheaper than both.

I was on a very tight budget but it is an amazing cooler.

2ibcacz.jpg

For $7 more I'd say it's worth it to invest in the R1 instead because of build quality and support. When that cooler was going for $50 it was a great deal.

For $7 more I'd say it's worth it to invest in the R1 instead because of build quality and support. When that cooler was going for $50 it was a great deal.

I went from a Raijintek Ereboss to the Tisis and am very impressed with the quality and the fans. I swapped the original fans for Noctua Redux but went back to the Raijintek fans as they are actually better.

Nothing to see here - move along.

It depends on what the cooler is for. If the goal is quiet, the NH-D15 would be better.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.