Ipod Nano 7th gen trouble

yoyobob44

I'm having a problem with the 7th gen ipod nano. I hope this is the right place to post this anyway. 

I'm afraid it might be that the jack is wearing out and I might just have to buy a knew one but what happens is when I have headphones pluged in and the device is in my pocket or where ever it will pause all by itself. When I hit the play/pause button it will resume playback and than randomly pause again. I discoverd that this is because whenever I have my headphones plugged in and the connector gets bumped ever so slightly thats when it pauses. I know this is from the auto pause feature in ipods that makes them pause playback whenever the device is removed. So over the course of time I think the jack is wearing and is becoming very sensative so that whenever it gets ever so slightly bumped it thinks the headphones are being removed when there not. So is there away I can fix this? I've only had it for about a year but I think my warranty is expired. is there any chance appl will replace it out of the goodness of there heart? I'm assuming not but do you think its worth a try? Have you had this problem happen? let me know. 

Thanks

This is what happens when you buy apple products... *sigh*....

My System has a Intel Core i7 4790k @4.5ghz Cooled by A Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO With a MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Founders Edition and 16GB of Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz Memory.

Thank you for your completely stupid and useless answer. 

you probably have lint in the jack get a toothpick (or something similar) and a flashlight and see if you can pull anything out from the bottom of the jack

Yes I tried this earlier before I made this post and that didn't solve the problem but I realized there was a little bit of black reskidue in the very bottom of the jack that I couldn't get at. I found a way to get that out with a Q tip and some issypropal alchohol and now it seems to work fine. 

Thanks for the help

Yeah, no. Useless answer is useless.

To OP, have you tried it with a different pair of headphones? I had this issue with my iPad and a pair of earbuds, and it turned out the jack on the headphones was worn.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Yeah, no. Useless answer is useless.

To OP, have you tried it with a different pair of headphones? I had this issue with my iPad and a pair of earbuds, and it turned out the jack on the headphones was worn.

Yea I tried it with different headphones 3 differant pair and not that didn't fix it the problem was with the actual k=jack but I got it fixed now with another clean with some issypropal rubbing alchohol