can cpu fall from socket ?

Well my CPU is dead so I need to get it rmaed *its an and CPU 8350* so I took out motherboard and CPU and I am planning to ship just CPU and motherboard *no CPU cooler* so my question is there a chance CPU will come out of socket and get damaged ? Also my mobo could be damaged too so please suggest me a new one I had GA 970 A ds3 rev 1.1 I am looking for a motherboard which actually supports my CPU and has xmpa profiles as this one didn't :( thank you all for your time

Why would you ship the cpu back in the board? Just remove the cpu and put it in a box. 

Also, depending on the cost of shipping everything around, it may be worthwhile to just upgrade. 

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-motherboard-m5a99fxpror20

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

If you RMA your CPU, by shipping it in the motherboard socket. I can assure you, you wont get your motherboard back. 

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

Correction * its an AMD cpu*

Mobo - motherboard

sorry for errors I'm on phone and thanks again all

If you RMA your CPU, by shipping it in the motherboard socket. I can assure you, you wont get your motherboard back. 

hahhah he/she is right!! agree :D

By shipping I mean I will take it myself in public train at least 30 kms in a box just mobo and cpu

You'll be fine - the CPU is held in place by a hold down plate (the think with the lever that you have to pull down once you've inserted the CPU), so it won't fall out unless that breaks.

HTTP/2 203

Amen. 

The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time. 

You'll be fine - the CPU is held in place by a hold down plate (the think with the lever that you have to pull down once you've inserted the CPU), so it won't fall out unless that breaks.

I did pull the lever thanks for the info but I did remove back plate of motherboard as I thought it is for cooler it doesn't matter does it ? Also please suggest me a motherboard of 50/ 60 $ which supports xmpa profiles and do u recommend using cheap Chinese thermal paste as they are the only one available in my country ... Thanks again

but I lost the plastic case it came in and its an AMD CPU ...

Anyone..

All you have to do is take the CPU out, put it in some plastic wrap or bubble wrap, put it in an envelope, and send it (alone) to the RMA people. (The address given to you, or found online, to RMA.)

G3258 V 860k (Spoiler: G3258 wins)

Spoiler

i7-4790K | MSI R9 390x | Cryorig H5 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard | G.Skill Sniper 8gbx2 1600mhz DDR3 | Corsair 300R | WD Green 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM drive | <p>Corsair RM750 | Logitech G602 | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech Z313

All you have to do is take the CPU out, put it in some plastic wrap or bubble wrap, put it in an envelope, and send it (alone) to the RMA people. (The address given to you, or found online, to RMA.)

But its an amd cpu I'm worried about pins