First Computer Build

This is my first time that I would be building a computer since I've only used store bought ones.What I'm looking for in this computer is to be able to handle multiple tasks at the same time as well as play games. I am not a heavy gamer but I do like to play games like Civilization V, Garry's Mod, and Mount & Blade Warband while I listen to music on ITunes. I also have a price range from $600 - $800. Here is the link to the parts that I was recommened: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/GW6wZL

What parts exactly? Theres nothing that you put. Do you want someone to create something for you? 

Budget? Location? 

This is my first time that I would be building a computer since I've only used store bought ones.What I'm looking for in this computer is to be able to handle multiple tasks at the same time as well as play games. I am not a heavy gamer but I do like to play games like Civilization V, Garry's Mod, and Mount & Blade Warband while I listen to music on ITunes. I also have a price range from $600 - $800.

Do you need a monitor and peripherals, or only the PC?

This is my first time that I would be building a computer since I've only used store bought ones.What I'm looking for in this computer is to be able to handle multiple tasks at the same time as well as play games. I am not a heavy gamer but I do like to play games like Civilization V, Garry's Mod, and Mount & Blade Warband while I listen to music on ITunes. I also have a price range from $600 - $800. Here is the link to the parts that I have been looking at: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/GW6wZL

Not the cx please not the cx

everything else is fine but not the cx

it is garbage get a decent seasonic

Im so patriotic, I piss red white and blue. My doctor told me it was pancreatic cancer, I told him to SHUT HIS COMMIE MOUTH.

-A shotgun wielding redneck

Do you need a monitor and peripherals, or only the PC?

If you look at his list you can assume that he only needs a keyboard

Im so patriotic, I piss red white and blue. My doctor told me it was pancreatic cancer, I told him to SHUT HIS COMMIE MOUTH.

Why exactly?

Resolution is a word. 5 is a number.

Why exactly?

The garbage capacitors, the garbage hold up time, the garbage ripple supression, do you know anything about PSUs?

Why exactly?

'Cause PSU snobbery is a thing.  Unless Antec, Seasonic, Superflower, etc... are the OEM, the PSU is garbage.  :(

'Cause PSU snobbery is a thing.  Unless Antec, Seasonic, Superflower, etc... are the OEM, the PSU is garbage.  :(

The CX PSU he selected is fine. Is a 80+ Bronze. and it is reliable. it is the one i use

Main Rig - Case: Corsair 200R   Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z270-GAMING-K3  CPU: Intel i5 7600 RAM: Corsair H55 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 3000MHz SSD: Crucial MX500 1 TB 

HDD: 2TB WD Green  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1660 Ti 6GB Windforce  PSU: Corsair CX 600W  

HTPC - Case: CiT MTX-007B   Motherboard: Biostar H61MGV3, CPU: Intel i5 2400  RAM: Patriot 4GB 1333MHz SSD: 240GB Toshiba SSD PSU: 180W CIT (Came with case)

Corsair 200R Front Bezel Mod

The garbage capacitors, the garbage hold up time, the garbage ripple supression, do you know anything about PSUs?

Will my PC explode?  :huh: 

I have that PSU... 

Resolution is a word. 5 is a number.

Will my PC explode?  :huh:

I have that PSU... 

My friend had four harddrive failures because of that PSU

I switched out his PSU and he never again had a harddrive failure

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Q2Mh8d

Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Q2Mh8d/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($226.69 @ OutletPC)

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97-HD3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($59.99 @ Micro Center)

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($54.99 @ Newegg)

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($44.99 @ Best Buy)

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card ($249.99 @ Amazon)

Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.99 @ NCIX US)

Power Supply: Corsair CX 500W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($39.99 @ Newegg)

Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-14 DVD/CD Writer ($13.98 @ Newegg)

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($87.89 @ OutletPC)

Keyboard: Logitech K120 Wired Standard Keyboard ($6.99 @ NCIX US)

Total: $835.49

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-05 13:36 EDT-0400

Couple less dollars than what you had but I would say it will perform a little bit better.

The CW PSU he selected is fine. Is a 80+ Bronze. and it is reliable. it is the one i use

Just because it works doesnt mean it is good. 80+ Bronze is power efficiency and is not the only thing you should look for.

Please do some research before you buy PSUs, or just crack your PSU open and look at the capacitors, that should be enough to make you buy another one.

Just because it works doesnt mean it is good. 80+ Bronze is power efficiency and is not the only thing you should look for.

Please do some research before you buy PSUs, or just crack your PSU open and look at the capacitors, that should be enough to make you buy another one.

Its never done me any trouble since i have owned it for at least a year and a half. But please do state the reasons to why the CX series PSUs are garbage? Other than your friend had 4 HDD failures (Which can happen with any PSU regardless of brand)

The reasons I would like you to give are backed up with research. If not take your PSU snobbery elsewhere. .

Main Rig - Case: Corsair 200R   Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z270-GAMING-K3  CPU: Intel i5 7600 RAM: Corsair H55 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 3000MHz SSD: Crucial MX500 1 TB 

HDD: 2TB WD Green  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1660 Ti 6GB Windforce  PSU: Corsair CX 600W  

HTPC - Case: CiT MTX-007B   Motherboard: Biostar H61MGV3, CPU: Intel i5 2400  RAM: Patriot 4GB 1333MHz SSD: 240GB Toshiba SSD PSU: 180W CIT (Came with case)

Its never done me any trouble since i have owned it for at least a year and a half. But please do state the reasons to why the CW series PSUs are garbage? Other than your friend had 4 HDD failures (Which can happen with any PSU regardless of brand)

The reasons I would like you to give are backed up with research. If not take your PSU snobbery elsewhere. .

Just look inside your psu and check out the capacitors, that is all I need to say.

IF you cant do that then dont spray your Corsair fanboy garbage everywhere while jumping to conclusions

Its never done me any trouble since i have owned it for at least a year and a half. But please do state the reasons to why the CW series PSUs are garbage? Other than your friend had 4 HDD failures (Which can happen with any PSU regardless of brand)

He has hijacked a few other posts with this point too. I don't get why people need SUPER MEGA HIGH QUALITY JAPAN MADE UBER NON-RIPPLY capacitors. If it works, great, if it doesn't, they'll probably replace it. Even low end ones that people say are super sketchy have been tested and aren't going to blow up the second they're used... If go for an EVGA one because they look nice, are cheap, and have good reviews from people who own them.

ANYWAYS to get back to the OP, looks good! Just try a few other combinations to see what you can get out of that money. The alternative build above somewhere looks good too. Also remember that it's pretty hard to get a computer to be quiet so if you're going to have it on your desk or close to you you're going to have to take some steps to make it quiet.

G3258 @ 4.5 | 8GB Team Vulcan RAM | 128GB Kingston V300 SSD (I didn't know what I was doing when I bought it) | MSI H81I Motherboard | Corsair H55 with Noctua NF-P12 | EVGA SSC GTX 960 4GB | OCZ 550W Fully Modular PSU with Noctua NF-A14 | Cooler Master Elite 130 (Soon to be something cool)

He has hijacked a few other posts with this point too. I don't get why people need SUPER MEGA HIGH QUALITY JAPAN MADE UBER NON-RIPPLY capacitors. If it works, great, if it doesn't, they'll probably replace it. Even low end ones that people say are super sketchy have been tested and aren't going to blow up the second they're used... If go for an EVGA one because they look nice, are cheap, and have good reviews from people who own them.

ANYWAYS to get back to the OP, looks good! Just try a few other combinations to see what you can get out of that money. The alternative build above somewhere looks good too. Also remember that it's pretty hard to get a computer to be quiet so if you're going to have it on your desk or close to you you're going to have to take some steps to make it quiet.

IT doesnt work. It isnt even built by Corsair, it is simply rebranded chinese manufactured crap. They wont blow up and they may work, but somewhere in the future, I don't want OP complaining his GPU suddenly got busted or his Monitor wont display an image.

Never cheap out on the PSU. That is basic PC building common sense.

Just look inside your psu and check out the capacitors, that is all I need to say.

IF you cant do that then dont spray your Corsair fanboy garbage everywhere while jumping to conclusions

No it is not all you need to say, 'look inside your PSU and check the out the capacitors' is not all you need to say. Judging by your system you dont like Corsair products. Take your unproven accusations elsewhere.

I want valid reasons to why and dont say the capacitors. that is not a reason. i want reasons that have been backed up by research.

No it is not all you need to say, 'look inside your PSU and check the out the capacitors' is not all you need to say. Judging by your system you dont like Corsair products. Take your unproven accusations elsewhere.

I want valid reasons to why and dont say the capacitors. that is not a reason. i want reasons that have been backed up by research.

Look up hold times in the cx psu

look up ripple supression in the psus

look up the manufacturer in the psu

The main capacitor (by parasonic) is only rated for 85 celcius. Even the CapXons have 105C

The secondary capacitors are made from the cheapest CapXon. Basically the worst you can put in a PSU without it blowing up after plugging it in

I think they are ok for office PCs but for gaming rigs they are garbage. Corsair makes good PSUs aside from their cx series. I do not hate Corsair for any reason but their cx series PSUs are garbage. They arent even made by them, simply rebranded

Why dont you do some research before recommending garbage PSUs to everyone.

Just because I dont have any corsair products doenst mean I dont like Corsair. Many people dont use Corsair products. Its not like AMD/Nvidia or Intel/AMD where there are two companies. There are many Ram companies/PSU companies/case companies/peripheral companies/etc.

Just because not all my products are from Corsair doenst mean I hate them

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Q2Mh8d

Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Q2Mh8d/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($226.69 @ OutletPC)

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97-HD3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($59.99 @ Micro Center)

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($54.99 @ Newegg)

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($44.99 @ Best Buy)

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card ($249.99 @ Amazon)

Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.99 @ NCIX US)

Power Supply: Corsair CX 500W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($39.99 @ Newegg)

Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-14 DVD/CD Writer ($13.98 @ Newegg)

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($87.89 @ OutletPC)

Keyboard: Logitech K120 Wired Standard Keyboard ($6.99 @ NCIX US)

Total: $835.49

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-05 13:36 EDT-0400

Couple less dollars than what you had but I would say it will perform a little bit better.

This is neat.