Hyper 212 Evo Fan

namarino

Hey guys, I have a cooler master hyper 212 and I was wondering if I would see any thermal benefit by putting a second fan on the opposite side of the heatsink in the pull direction. I have an extra case fan I'm not using. It's an airflow fan, but I'm not sure if I really need a static pressure one if it's going to be pulling. Anyway, thanks for the help!

The BBQ: i7-4770 / 212x / Tri-X R9 290x 1075/1400 / MSI H87-G43 GAMING / EVGA G2 850W / Corsair Spec 03 / Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD / Toshiba 2TB HDD / 8gb Kingston DDR3 1600mhz

Peripherals: G710+ / G502 / Bose Companion 2 Series III / Audio Technica ATH-M40x / Sound Magic E50

Monitors: Dell U2414H 

It would likely benefit you, but not by more than 5 degrees

this^ mostly you can lower rpm, I don't even have my fan on till 40c

It would likely benefit you, but not by more than 5 degrees

Would I see more of a benefit by putting in another intake at the top then? I have the corsair carbide 200r and there's a hard drive bay right in front of the other fan slot in the front.

Would I see more of a benefit by putting in another intake at the top then? I have the corsair carbide 200r and there's a hard drive bay right in front of the other fan slot in the front.

It would help to list your specs.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

you may, honestly testing is the best way to see, sorry. i would add to intake or exhaust try both if you can. did you already pick up a fan? are you unhappy with your current temps or noise? how is dust?

Is there room on the bottom for the fan?

Intel Core i7 9700k - EVGA FTW GTX 970

Is there room on the bottom for the fan?

Yes there's room at the bottom, but my case doesn't have very big legs so there's not a whole lot of room under there.

you may, honestly testing is the best way to see, sorry. i would add to intake or exhaust try both if you can. did you already pick up a fan? are you unhappy with your current temps or noise? how is dust?

Yeah I really just have to test it. I've been trying to overclock and basically the socket of my motherboard gets very hot when stress testing. I have an 8320 with a had 970 board and I recently picked up a 990fx board (haven't installed it yet). I'm thinking this might help that socket temp a little. Core temps are just fine though and as far as I've seen, dust isn't an issue.

Yes there's room at the bottom, but my case doesn't have very big legs so there's not a whole lot of room under there.

Yeah I really just have to test it. I've been trying to overclock and basically the socket of my motherboard gets very hot when stress testing. I have an 8320 with a had 970 board and I recently picked up a 990fx board (haven't installed it yet). I'm thinking this might help that socket temp a little. Core temps are just fine though and as far as I've seen, dust isn't an issue.

i think general airflow would be better, use whatever filtered spots for intakes or make some. Been awhile for amd for me so i'm not the most knowledgeable but, you do need a beefy vrm and they can get hot. Glhf

i think general airflow would be better, use whatever filtered spots for intakes for make some. Been awhile for amd for me so i'm not the most knowledgeable but, you do need a beefy vrm and they can get hot. Glhf

Ok well thanks man, I appreciate your help!

Just make sure that you have the ability to match the speeds of the two fans, sounds silly but a friend of mine had the first fan on 100% all the time and the second fan auto controlled which would have done bad things for his air flow.

Definitely not optimal!

There will be little to no difference. In fact it seems the 212 EVO works better in only pull rather than push pull.

3C to 5C difference for me with jetflos

Can you provide your benchmarks?

I did not save any benchmarks. But I got maximum 5C less during the winter and 3C less during summer compared to a single fan