What would be a good upgrade?

I have had my PC for 1 and 1/4 years and I have been considering an upgrade to the current GTX 760 that is in the build. I have a Xeon 1230 v2 in the build as well and 8GBs of DDR3 Crucial Ballistix memory. If you have any suggestions, please respond with a link to the page where I could buy the card. I would prefer a sensible price in the $200-$300 range. However, if you think I would want another upgrade to another one of my parts that would bear better performance improvements, please tell me. I play games in 1080p and cannot stand anything below 60fps. I would be really happy if anyone could give me an answer.

For $200 a GTX960 is a good upgrade

Intel Core i7 9700k - EVGA FTW GTX 970

Mainboard:ROG-STRIX-B360-G-GAMING/Cpu:I5 8400 /Gpu: Galax RTX 2070 /Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB DDR4/ Storage:1TB HDD 2 Corsair SSD PSU : Corsair 550W/Cooling: Silverstone Air Cooler/ / Case : Corsair/Keyboard:Razer Chroma TKL/Mouse:Mionix Castor+Steelseries Qck Mass/Headphone:V Moda M100 

Quote me if you when me to reply to something. 

For $200 a GTX960 is a good upgrade

GTX 960 is not a worthy upgrade from a 760...

Avg-Perf_w_600.png

"Rawr XD"

I have had my PC for 1 and 1/4 years and I have been considering an upgrade to the current GTX 760 that is in the build. I have a Xeon 1230 v2 in the build as well and 8GBs of DDR3 Crucial Ballistix memory. If you have any suggestions, please respond with a link to the page where I could buy the card. I would prefer a sensible price in the $200-$300 range. However, if you think I would want another upgrade to another one of my parts that would bear better performance improvements, please tell me. I play games in 1080p and cannot stand anything below 60fps. I would be really happy if anyone could give me an answer.

Take a look at the GTX 970: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/gigabyte-video-card-gvn970g1gaming4gd

Or R9 290X: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/powercolor-video-card-axr9290x4gbd5tdhe

"Rawr XD"

I think that I will go for the 970, I don't really mind the 3.5 GB dilemma, it should be plenty for 1080p. Thanks everybody

I think that I will go for the 970, I don't really mind the 3.5 GB dilemma, it should be plenty for 1080p. Thanks everybody

The 960 is a great card for 1080p. If you have the money though and can't stand anything below 1080p as you said and play demanding games, then go for the 970

CPU: i5-6600k @ 4.4GHz | Motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming | RAM: 8GB HyperX Fury | GPU: Asus Strix GTX 980 | Case: NZXT Noctis 450 Red/Black | Storage: 256GB Sandisk SSD + 1TB Western Digital HDD | PSU: EVGA 750w | Monitor: ASUS VS247H | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Keyboard: $15 Cheapo Rubber Dome Keyboard | Mouse: Rosewill RGM-300

Linus Tech Tips Pebble (and Pebble Time) notifier watchface!