Budget-est Custom Loop

I'm planning to custom loop my CPU + future GPU. I watched Jayz' $200 loop for CPU. I was wondering if I can go lower than that. If not, I'll probably stick to it.

Spoiler

You could probably get lower, but the quality will most likely drop drastically (like the performance per dollar will drop, sort of in a sense of graphics cards where the cheaper and more expensive ends have lower bang/buck). I would probably stick around 200.

I hope you are seriously revamping your build before you build a custom loop.

Current Desktop Build | 2200G | RX 580 4GB | 8GB RAM | CTRL | Logitech G Pro Wireless

Laptop | 2018 MBA 256/16GB | MX Master 

You could probably get lower, but the quality will most likely drop drastically (like the performance per dollar will drop, sort of in a sense of graphics cards where the cheaper and more expensive ends have lower bang/buck). I would probably stick around 200.

I second this

My Rig:  CPU: Core i7 4790K @4.8ghz  Motherboard: Asus Maximus Vii Hero  Ram: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz (Red)  Cooling: Corsair H105, 2x Corsair SP120 High Preformance Editions, Corsair AF 140 Quiet Edition  PSU: Corsair RM 850  GPU: EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, WD Blue 1TB  Case Corsair 760t (Black)  Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma  Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma  Headset: ATH-M50X Mic: Blue Yeti Blackout

By June or July, most parts gets upgraded. Here's my projected build by that:

CPU: Retained or Athlon X4 860K

MOBO: Retained

RAM: 2 sticks, same type

GPU: R7 260X

Case: Reverting back to TTake v3

PSU: Retain

Considering the budget of the loop, either I could retain the 200 or get a separate H80i, then a custom loop for the GPU..

Spoiler

By June or July, most parts gets upgraded. Here's my projected build by that:

CPU: Retained or Athlon X4 860K

MOBO: Retained

RAM: 2 sticks, same type

GPU: R7 260X

Case: Reverting back to TTake v3

PSU: Retain

Considering the budget of the loop, either I could retain the 200 or get a separate H80i, then a custom loop for the GPU..

The honestly I wouldn't bother with that, and probably use ~$200 to upgrade to the current best bang/buck intel platform/graphics card upgrade as it will perform much better than a custom loop investment. Are there even water blocks for the 260x?

Current Desktop Build | 2200G | RX 580 4GB | 8GB RAM | CTRL | Logitech G Pro Wireless

The honestly I wouldn't bother with that, and probably use ~$200 to upgrade to the current best bang/buck intel platform/graphics card upgrade as it will perform much better than a custom loop investment. Are there even water blocks for the 260x?

I'm currently experimenting with AMD processors since I've been using Intel for around 7 years. I want to know more about how AMDs heat output on water loops using my own setup.

Regarding 260X, not sure. It will most likely be a half block since full blocks can cover GTX series cards

Spoiler

I'm currently experimenting with AMD processors since I've been using Intel for around 7 years. I want to know more about how AMDs heat output on water loops using my own setup.

Regarding 260X, not sure. It will most likely be a half block since full blocks can cover GTX series cards

Well if you (for whatever reason) want to experiment with AMD processors, check out their FX lineup, and just use that. I think testing water cooling on such an old platform is straight up a waste of money.

I'm planning to custom loop my CPU + future GPU. I watched Jayz' $200 loop for CPU. I was wondering if I can go lower than that. If not, I'll probably stick to it.

You can if you buy an AIO that has expansion capabilities. The swiftech H140X, h220x and H240X all have everything that is needed to cool a cpu(block, pump, reservoir, fittings, tubing, radiator, fluid) and it allows you to add new components since nothing is permanently attached. The parts are also very high quality since they are made by swiftech. The prices range from $130 to $150 depending on the size of radiator you want.

Spoiler

CPU intel potato2 | Motherboard xpotato69 | RAM DDRPotato | GPU potato 6969 Ti | Case potato curbiide | Storage WD potato GB grey | PSU lakesonic 69 potato Watts | Display(s)69" 0.5K potato 69*69 | Cooling 4 heatpipe fried potato | Keyboard 69 key potato switches | Mouse yukon gold potato | Sound 6.9 surround potato | Operating System OS69 potato

CPU I7 5700HQ |  RAM 8gb DDR3 | GPU GTX 960M | Storage 1 TB HGST HDD | Display 15.6" 1080p IPS panel | Keyboard Steelseries RGB | Operating System Windows 10

CPU R7 3800x |  RAM 32 GB 3200MHZ DDR4| GPU RX 5700XT Ref. | Storage 1TB m.2 NVME, 2x 500GB SSD, 4TB and 750gb hdd | Display LG 32GK850F-BKeyboard Aorus K7 with reds | PSU Corsair RM750X | Case Corsair 275R | Operating System Windows 10

You can if you buy an AIO that has expansion capabilities. The swiftech H140X, h220x and H240X all have everything that is needed to cool a cpu(block, pump, reservoir, fittings, tubing, radiator, fluid) and it allows you to add new components since nothing is permanently attached. The parts are also very high quality since they are made by swiftech. The prices range from $130 to $150 depending on the size of radiator you want.

130-150 per part or per kit? I can either go with a 120 or 140 rad

Spoiler

Why would you do a custom loop with those specs?

"I fart in your general direction" -The Frenchmen

edit. 240mm rad

The 240mm kit costs 140 USD and comes with everything (block, pump, reservoir, fittings, tubing, radiator, fluid)

This is from their website: http://www.swiftech.com/H220-X.aspx

Other distributors also sell this, you don't have to buy directly from swiftech.

Spoiler

CPU intel potato2 | Motherboard xpotato69 | RAM DDRPotato | GPU potato 6969 Ti | Case potato curbiide | Storage WD potato GB grey | PSU lakesonic 69 potato Watts | Display(s)69" 0.5K potato 69*69 | Cooling 4 heatpipe fried potato | Keyboard 69 key potato switches | Mouse yukon gold potato | Sound 6.9 surround potato | Operating System OS69 potato

CPU I7 5700HQ |  RAM 8gb DDR3 | GPU GTX 960M | Storage 1 TB HGST HDD | Display 15.6" 1080p IPS panel | Keyboard Steelseries RGB | Operating System Windows 10

CPU R7 3800x |  RAM 32 GB 3200MHZ DDR4| GPU RX 5700XT Ref. | Storage 1TB m.2 NVME, 2x 500GB SSD, 4TB and 750gb hdd | Display LG 32GK850F-BKeyboard Aorus K7 with reds | PSU Corsair RM750X | Case Corsair 275R | Operating System Windows 10

Why would you do a custom loop with those specs?

there's an upgrade list for my custom loop. and living in a tropical country wherein 1/2 of the year is 30-36 degrees, I need something to cover up my somehow overclocked rig (atm, I overclocked my APU to 5GHz, temps gotten 60-ish with the cooler).

The 240mm kit costs 140 USD and comes with everything (block, pump, reservoir, fittings, tubing, radiator, fluid)

This is from their website: http://www.swiftech.com/H220-X.aspx

Other distributors also sell this, you don't have to buy directly from swiftech.

interesting.. might be a good option.

Spoiler

edit #2: Swiftech 240mm is out of stock. any other options for that?

Spoiler

edit #2: Swiftech 240mm is out of stock. any other options for that?

Where do you plan to buy from.

Spoiler

Where do you plan to buy from.

either local, Amazon, or to their website (if they got online store and ships to the Philippines)

Spoiler

either local, Amazon, or to their website (if they got online store and ships to the Philippines)

Ok, I found another expandable AIO like the swiftech one. The glacer 240L is expandable and cheaper than the swiftech one. It doesn't look as pretty but it is still expandable and comes withe everything(pump+cpu block combo, radiator, fittings, tubing, coolant).

heres the link: http://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-Glacer-240L-Expandable/dp/B00GJYNM4M/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1428296299&sr=1-1&keywords=eisberg

see if you can buy from frozencpu.com , they have tons of sub $200 kits only available at their website.

Spoiler