Which Card to go for?

Oldaccount1234123

Hey,

I am having some trouble deciding which GPU to go for for my new build. Heres a link to the build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/339308-build-idea-3-updated/

My quesiton is: Which one should I do?:

1x EVGA Superclocked GTX 980

or

1x GTX 980 Ti (When It comes out)

or

2x GTX 970s (I already own 1 windforce 970. This is because my computer broke down and they replaced my 2 ATI Radeons with 1 of these, so It's pretty much brand new).

I'm planning on building around June. Here's what I'll be using it for: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334824-prospective-build-and-old-pc-price-thoughts/(Ignore parts on there, old).

Let me know what you think, and post below why you are voting for what you voted for in the poll

yeah. unless you have a 980 don't get another. just get two 970s.

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

get another 970

How hard is it to sell a PC without a gpu. Its alienware.

Should I get another windforce?

How hard is it to sell a PC without a gpu. Its alienware.

Should I get another windforce?

lol,buy a cheap gpu and sell it

--------edit

also get exactly the same card

SLI, Hands down.

Higher raw performance than the 980 but at about half the price.

My Gaming PC

|| CPU: Intel i5 4690@4.3Ghz || GPU: Dual ASUS gtx 1080 Strix. || RAM: 16gb (4x4gb) Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz. || Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait edition. || OS: Win10 Pro

Trust me, Im an Engineer

970 SLI will handily destroy any single-card solution on the planet at the moment. Even the Titan X does not compare to them. And with the new APIs coming out, the VRAM thing will become a non-issue.

980 Ti, if rumours are to be trusted, 6GB will be quite a good framebuffer for some time to come.  970 SLI is stupid IMO because you only get 3.5GB of "fast" memory (MAY or MAY NOT change with the new APIs) and SLI is not supported by quite a lot of games and comes with more heat, more power consumption (= more expensive PSU), bigger case, etc.

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

980 Ti, if rumours are to be trusted, 6GB will be quite a good framebuffer for some time to come.  970 SLI is stupid IMO because you only get 3.5GB of "fast" memory (MAY or MAY NOT change with the new APIs) and SLI is not supported by quite a lot of games and comes with more heat, more power consumption (= more expensive PSU), bigger case, etc.

I think my build is sli compatible. Link to it is above. Let me know if it is. Im planning on building in June so things might have changes by then

980 Ti, if rumours are to be trusted, 6GB will be quite a good framebuffer for some time to come. 970 SLI is stupid IMO because you only get 3.5GB of "fast" memory (MAY or MAY NOT change with the new APIs) and SLI is not supported by quite a lot of games and comes with more heat, more power consumption (= more expensive PSU), bigger case, etc.

Stop selling this (most games don't support sli) theory. Most games do and the ones that don't are probably Indi titles and 99.9% of them wouldn't need sli anyways.

Z77A-G43 LGA 1155, Intel I5 3450s, Radeon R9 290 (non-X), Cooler Master V750 Gold (750W) PSU, 2x4GB Ripjaws X 1866 MHz, 1x4 Crucial 1866 MHz, Samsung 840 Evo 500GB, Thor V2 Full-tower Case, Acer 1920x1080 Monitor

Stop selling this (most games don't support sli) theory. Most games do and the ones that don't are probably Indi titles and 99.9% of them wouldn't need sli anyways.

Well then i suppose most games me and all the other people i know play indie games...i don't think so. 

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

Well then i suppose most games me and all the other people i know play indie games...i don't think so.

Dude most demanding games that require sli to run have crossfire support. Games that don't historically haven't needed 2 cards. Sure some games are shit optimized but that is a different story. Bottom line is sli is fine. And probably even more so when dx12 hits shelves, if the rumors are true.

Z77A-G43 LGA 1155, Intel I5 3450s, Radeon R9 290 (non-X), Cooler Master V750 Gold (750W) PSU, 2x4GB Ripjaws X 1866 MHz, 1x4 Crucial 1866 MHz, Samsung 840 Evo 500GB, Thor V2 Full-tower Case, Acer 1920x1080 Monitor