Should I?

Horrorfull

Thinking bout selling my R9 290x Ref with HG10 bracket and H80i to buy a 970 Strix then Sli'ing it later. Would you do it and how much would you sell the card for?

Case:Define R4 | MOBO:ASRock z75 Pro 3 | CPU:i7-3770k 4.0GHz | CPU Cooler:H100i | GPU:970 Strix | RAM:Hyper X 16GB | 

Peripherals:ATH-M50x Limited Blue Edition | K95 RGB | M65 RGB | Blue Yeti MIC | (3x)1920x2080 Acer Monitors

Why not just xfire another 290x in there?

"Graphics and gameplay are not mutually exclusive."

"Nvidia, AMD, Intel, or whatever company out there has only one end goal and that is PROFIT.

If you think these companies exist for any other reason you're gonna be disappointed my dear. CAVEAT EMPTOR"

u will not see much of a performance gap tbh and you could just crossfire the 290x

$350

^this. Normally it would be worth around $270 but with the cooler, it definitely gets the bump. Good going.

Whats the point? They pretty much perform equally..

Why not just xfire another 290x in there?

Heat and Noise. Plus tackin on another 290x is magma.

Case:Define R4 | MOBO:ASRock z75 Pro 3 | CPU:i7-3770k 4.0GHz | CPU Cooler:H100i | GPU:970 Strix | RAM:Hyper X 16GB | 

Peripherals:ATH-M50x Limited Blue Edition | K95 RGB | M65 RGB | Blue Yeti MIC | (3x)1920x2080 Acer Monitors

Heat and Noise. Plus tackin on another 290x is magma.

Oh PLEASE.

I'll give you $250 for the GPU alone, so long as it works good and wasn't used for mining.

Thinking bout selling my R9 290x Ref with HG10 bracket and H80i to buy a 970 Strix then Sli'ing it later. Would you do it and how much would you sell the card for?

No, not worth it. Just add another 290X. 

970 Strix will actually perform worse then WC'd 290X. 

"Rawr XD"

Are you doing it OP cuz you want PhysX?  If so I get why you are doing it. PhysX is awesome.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Are you doing it OP cuz you want PhysX?  If so I get why you are doing it. PhysX is awesome.

Nah. Just weighing the pros and cons of switching.