Waiting for idle. GPU

Soo i have probably missed something while reading through. 

My CPU is pulling 15k PPD, but my GPU is just stuck. (waiting for idle)

Im not sure what that means, but is there a button to tell it to start?

Whats it waiting for? 

Just started today, i will be an AEST night folder.

I want a casual meeting with an Elephant, Orangutan, Crow and a Bottlenose Dolphin. 

Oh hold up pc went into power saver mode then the gpu started making a coil whine noise it was very loud :s

I woke the screen up which stopped the gpu but it's stuck with an annoying whine, uhh did I just hurt me gpu?

I want a casual meeting with an Elephant, Orangutan, Crow and a Bottlenose Dolphin. 

You didn't hurt your gpu, some cards just have that coil whine sound present when on full load. I might be wrong on this one, so someone else should verify.

On the subject of the gpu not folding, you should pull that slider above to "Full". If you have it set any lower, the gpu will fold only when your pc goes idle/screensaver

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." Edgar Allan Poe

@natkoui

As Ben mentioned - coil whine is a sometimes present and very annoying result of video cards running at full power. In of itself it is not bad, just bloody noisy. :)

When the slider is on "medium", only the CPU folds and the GPU will start when the system goes Idle - screen saver kick in. For this, I suggest people set the timeout to something small, like 5 minutes. When you go back to your system, GPU folding will shut down. 

Now, you can put the slider at Full which will turn on GPU folding, which is handy for testing.

For your coil whine - if the card is still under warranty, contact vendor about a replacement. You can also try down clocking it a bit to see if this helps. What PSU do you have? Some cheap PSU's will supply pretty dirty power at full load which can also introduce coil whine...

And welcome to the team, BTW. :)

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99