Local Area Connection 1 is missing!

Flashie

Hi there

In my network adapter connections menu, I no longer have my Local Area Connection one, meaning i cannot use my Ethernet port. Ive got my ethernet cable hooked up to my laptop, lights are flashing, it heads to my hub where it shows its on, but no activity. I had this problem for a week or two where i used to shut down my computer and on boot, it wouldnt show any internet connections until i clicked on "Troubleshoot". This however did not work this time. Im unable to use my ethernet cable to access the internet and the only way would be for me to access it via wifi. This is on a Dell Vostro 3700 ( I know, what on earth was i thinking, cut me some slack, chose it when i was little and unexperienced ). If anyone knows what to do in this situation PLEASE help me out, I have really come to the point where i aint got a clue what to do here.

Thanks in advance
Flashie

post-148601-0-69237400-1428000543.jpg

probably busted

not really uncommon having dead lan port

check your BIOS and see Intergrated LAN is check

if it's checked browse your device manager and look for Network adapters

and check that if it disabled or enabled.

CPUAMD FX 8320 @4.4 GHz 1.212 vcore Motherboard - Asus M5A99X R2.0 RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB 1866 GPU - Asus Gtx 970 Case - Corsair Vengeance C70 Military Green Storage - 120 GB Samsung 840 Series, 1TB WD Black,  240 GB Corsair Force LX PSU - EVGA 750W G2 Cooling - Noctua NH-D14 Keyboard Corsair K70  Mouse - Logitech G502

do first a reinstall of you're ethernet driver

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

So i just checked my computers BIOS to find that the integrated LAN is "ENABLED". Once i booted up my computer again, i directly went to device manager, and found this:

788de52238.JPG

The only problem with the driver would be that i have windows 64 bit on the computer and the link above gives windows 32 bit. Dell has an absolutely dog poop driver system and the Ethernet driver didnt install when i tried it. Does anyone know where i can get the driver? Unless its my ethernet port that has slowly been dieing and this is where it says goodbye?

Do you have anything in "other devices" in device manager? something like a network controller? That would indicate that the drivers aren't installed properly (or at all). Otherwise, it looks like your ethernet connection is missing completely, indicating that it is indeed simply busted.

check device id

and go to http://devid.infoto check your hardware detail & possibly correct driver for your system.

just click on the detail and press CTRL+C to copy it.

Im not quite sure where i can find the Device ID but i did find the Realtek Ethernet Controller Driver for my laptop. I installed it and it gave the error "The Realtek Network Controller was not found. If Deep Sleep mode is enabled  Please plug the cable.

Do you have anything in "other devices" in device manager? something like a network controller? That would indicate that the drivers aren't installed properly (or at all). Otherwise, it looks like your ethernet connection is missing completely, indicating that it is indeed simply busted.

The only things under other devices would be x2 Base System Devices and x1 Unknown Device

f55f9faeb9.JPG

Im not quite sure where i can find the Device ID but i did find the Realtek Ethernet Controller Driver for my laptop. I installed it and it gave the error "The Realtek Network Controller was not found. If Deep Sleep mode is enabled  Please plug the cable.

The only things under other devices would be x2 Base System Devices and x1 Unknown Device

f55f9faeb9.JPG

So I was wondering about that TAP-Windows adapter V9 and it seems some people were exeriencing issues where that would prevent them from connecting to the internet, possible spyware malware something or other. try disabling or uninstalling that maybe?

Reading further threads about it it might have to do with a virtual network realted to "TrustConnect".

CPUAMD FX 8320 @4.4 GHz 1.212 vcore Motherboard - Asus M5A99X R2.0 RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB 1866 GPU - Asus Gtx 970 Case - Corsair Vengeance C70 Military Green Storage - 120 GB Samsung 840 Series, 1TB WD Black,  240 GB Corsair Force LX PSU - EVGA 750W G2 Cooling - Noctua NH-D14 Keyboard Corsair K70  Mouse - Logitech G502

Considering the "unknown device", and the fact that you're getting SOME lights, I would surmise that it's a busted port. Chances are there's a connection that's not quite solid where the port connects to the board inside the laptop. It sees SOMETHING, but doesn't know what

So I was wondering about that TAP-Windows adapter V9 and it seems some people were exeriencing issues where that would prevent them from connecting to the internet, possible spyware malware something or other. try disabling or uninstalling that maybe?

Reading further threads about it it might have to do with a virtual network realted to "TrustConnect".

As far as i know the Tap was used for Cyberghost VPN. I will however uninstall it and give it a try

So today i tried connecting again, but still fail to see any network adapter for my ethernet port. I wanted to connect to wifi but my milkweed of a brother decided to change the wifi password, so i had to hop onto another system to set it back. I got on today and tried to reinstall the Realtek ethernet drivers. I attempted to install the Realtek Ethernet Controller, but was prompted, "The Realtek Network Controller was not found. If Deep Sleep mode is enabled  Please plug the cable." So i went ahead and attempted to install the Realtek Network Controller, but then I was prompted, "The Realtek Ethernet Controller was not found. If Deep Sleep mode is enabled  Please plug the cable." Im at a standstill here, would love it if somebody knew what to do here and would like to share.