cheapest possible pc setup

Valkronos

your photo explains this post so well

Got a local junkyard?

AMD FX8350  2x ASUS Radeon R9 270X 4GB  ASUS Sabertooth 990FX  -  Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3 16GB

I was working on this...tbh the lowest computer that I'd EVER consider build http://pcpartpicker.com/p/bXMdcf

This. Just for the purpose of proving that you can build one. I would never spend my money on something like this for my personal use, I can build a Core 2 Quad machine for something like that, but if you're going with retail parts, I guess this sort of thing would be your best bet. To be honest, you'd be better off going to a scrapyard, picking up some old junk and figuring out the functional parts that can go together to build a real computer. That's what I'd do, simply because it's a lot more impressive than just building a computer. Knowing which parts will work and finding them out of the rubbish will probably be a lot more convincing that you can indeed work with computers

i did a craigslist build. 100$ for amd 6600k and ecs mobo, 35$ antec mid tower, 60$ thermaltake 600w, $50 each for 2 sapphire hd7770 ghz, (optional 109$ corsair h100i) Hdd i had laying around. 295$ for all that (add 100 for watercooled) and no nothing top specs but... for a first build i think its good

i did a craigslist build. 100$ for amd 6600k and ecs mobo, 35$ antec mid tower, 60$ thermaltake 600w, $50 each for 2 sapphire hd7770 ghz, (optional 109$ corsair h100i) Hdd i had laying around. 295$ for all that (add 100 for watercooled) and no nothing top specs but... for a first build i think its good

i did a craigslist build. 100$ for amd 6600k and ecs mobo, 35$ antec mid tower, 60$ thermaltake 600w, $50 each for 2 sapphire hd7770 ghz, (optional 109$ corsair h100i) Hdd i had laying around. 295$ for all that (add 100 for watercooled) and no nothing top specs but... for a first build i think its good.

Depending on the use case the cheapest pc you could possibly get away with is a Raspberry Pi 2

I did a ebay/retail build g3258, 6950, 12gb ram, 1tb hdd, 650w psu, 252 :)

The Vinyl Decal guy.

Celestial-Uprising  A Work In-Progress

AM1 is the way to go if you just need to prove a point, it's super cheap and actually useful.

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

I did a ebay/retail build g3258, 6950, 12gb ram, 1tb hdd, 650w psu, 252 :)

Cant beat new! i should of used ebay... just hate waiting,

If its just to prove you can do it you might want to avoid used.  You don't want a bad component giving your mom ammo. 

Top Hat=Classy Monocle=Villain  Top Hat+Monocle=Mr Peanut 

it is fully functioning?

no idea, just took the cheapest parts i could find on pcpartpicker