G3258&MSI H81M-P33

Hey! So I am helping a friend build his first PC and he as very little money to spend, so I choose the G3258 and the MSI H81M-P33. According to some people the board can overclock the Pentium  so that is why I choose it. But the thing I am worried about now is that whether the G3258 is even supported. Austin Evan's latest build guide also uses this combo or something very similar to it and he doesn't mention anything about a BIOS update. I've also seen some other users on PCPartPicker also not mention any issues.

TLDR;G3258&MSI H81M-P33 will it work?

Thanks guise

Quote me to get a reply!

yep

Thanks bud, now going to wait for more confirmations...

Quote me to get a reply!

they will work but you need to be sure that the H81 has the latest BIOS 

older BIOS will not let you boot the PC with the Haswell Refresh G3258

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

You'd be highly unlucky to find a board that isn't compatible with the refresh processors. The G3258 was released a year ago, and no retailer holds onto stock for a year. I can pretty much guarantee you that any board manufactured after this time will be compatible out of the box - please confirm this with your retailer. According to the MSI website, the BIOS should be version 15.

Need help with the RMA/retail side of things? Feel free to send me a PM, always happy to share my industry experience with others.