Twitter for old people

TygerStrype

So I've only been a member here for a short time, yet I've been watching and learning from Linus's videos for a while now.  It's clear to me that I clearly am an old fart here in the forums, yet I have fun reading and sharing my two cents with you folks.

I'm trying to understand the Twitter thing. I've watched in the past couple live streams were questions were taken via the feed.  Yet, I just don't understand how to... well it's confusing. 

Is there a brief tutorial that is simple enough for the pre-antique members in the house?  Suggestions?  

Thanks!

Basically twitter is a networking site like Facebook only you follow people instead of friending them and get updates from the people you follow you can also post updates for whoever follows you for example

just had lunch it was pizza this would then be seen by whoever views your profile or is following you. You only get a set amount of characters to write though so you can't write a lot its an easier way to get a quick reply from somebody or ask questions.

Edit newer video found

Thank-you, I think that just might help!!!

No Problem I hope it does Twitter is a wonderful tool to get updates about anything or just to have a quick chat with someone without messaging or emailing them.