Software to duplicate/clone an HDD continously

samcool55

So, i'm looking for a specific piece of software to do a quite easy job, but there's just too much bloatware out there. So maybe someone know the right program.

At this moment i have a bunch of hdd's and an ssd with my OS on it.

Now, i want to use an hdd that keeps an exacy copy of my ssd. In case the ssd goes wonky, i have a ready to go os ready to use.

I don't want a backup thing that does it weekly, but i want one that does it instantly, so with every small change that happens so the OS on the ssd, is instantly replicated to the HDD.

Can anyone help me? :)

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

That would be terrible because every 1KB change will write 100's of gigs of data. 

Exactly, I would recommend that weekly thing tbh though. I don't know how many times I had to reset my OS or upgrade and that weekly thing saves everything. Or you could do it your self? Like if you download a game, you could copy and paste. 

The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time. 

That would be terrible because every 1KB change will write 100's of gigs of data. 

How do you figure? File patching would be the best approach to this. If you change 1KB it only writes 1KB so on and so forth.

I already make a backup of my OS every week, the rest of my data doesn't have a backup, but that's not needed anyway, it's just a bunch of games and movies and stuff like that, nothing important.

I want it to just replicate my ssd with all my important work on it and my OS, it's not even 100GB in total...

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

-nevermind this, Opera did a bit weird-

-nevermind this, Opera did a bit weird-

instead doing something like this

I personally use clean slate, and for that purpose I choose Deep Freeze http://www.faronics.com/en-uk/products/deep-freeze/

I can modified/edit/install any mallware/virus, crapware, bloatware and test various software without have to worried about my OS purity

if anything goes bad, simple reset will bring it back just like last time I "freeze" my computer

if I want to permanent change or install any software after proper treatment I will unfreeze it

as for Cloning HDD, any Recovery image softwares has option to create Image of selected drive back it up as ISO or IMG file, some of it has schedule function if you like to do it regulary

however I still don't like it, for personal purpose I have nothing worth, all my important files is in my google account and flash drive.

instead doing something like this

I personally use clean slate, and for that purpose I choose Deep Freeze http://www.faronics.com/en-uk/products/deep-freeze/

I can modified/edit/install any mallware/virus, crapware, bloatware and test various software without have to worried about my OS purity

if anything goes bad, simple reset will bring it back just like last time I "freeze" my computer

if I want to permanent change or install any software after proper treatment I will unfreeze it

as for Cloning HDD, any Recovery image softwares has option to create Image of selected drive back it up as ISO or IMG file, some of it has schedule function if you like to do it regulary

however I still don't like it, for personal purpose I have nothing worth, all my important files is in my google account and flash drive.

Thanks, i'll give it a try.

It's indeed not the most elegant option, but i want to make backups of my OS and documents as much as possible.

Apart from the weekly backup all the documents are also in the cloud, and i copy everything regulary to my external hdd. But i'm just maybe a bit too worried about everything, but better safe than sorry! :D Just want to do as much as i can to recover stuff if it goes wrong.