LG to Make Next Nexus Phone (rumor)

Like best seller in the industry or in their product range?

I think product range. Like samsung's flagships are the Note 4 and the projected upcoming Galaxy S6. For Apple, it's the iPhone. for LG, it's G3. It's really any phone that gets a lot of attention in media.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I think product range. Like samsung's flagships are the Note 4 and the projected upcoming Galaxy S6. For Apple, it's the iPhone. for LG, it's G3. It's really any phone that gets a lot of attention in media.

Thanks, I thought it meant like bleeding edge in the mobile industry.

Have you used the Nexus 6? It's by far the best nexus phone imho and not worthy of being called shitty.

I haven't used it for an extensive amount of time, but the Nexus 6 is by no means a good device.

The screen is worse than the Nexus 5 in every area ranging from color accuracy to pixels per inch. The camera is pretty mediocre and bogged down by the God awful stock camera app. The camera life isn't that great. No removable battery, no microSD, terrible storage performance because of the encryption which is not hardware accelerated (the Nexus 5 runs circles around it).

It's a very, very mediocre Snapdragon 805 device. It doesn't even have the 64bit build of Android on it since it's just an 805.

Other than having stock Android the Note 4 was better in every single way.

What does a flagship phone mean, every phone a company has released lately has been called a flagship.

A flagship product is the best/most important product from a company. AMD's flagship graphics card is the 290X and/or 295X2 for example. The reason why you have been hearing it a lot about phones recently is because they are on a 1 year refresh cycle, and they update them at roughly the same time (at Mobile World Congress).

i forgot about that thread. fuck. LTT search fails again, even Googled it. My thread is better though honestly.

:( you hurt my feels

I don't mind both being up.

I haven't used it for an extensive amount of time, but the Nexus 6 is by no means a good device.

The screen is worse than the Nexus 5 in every area ranging from color accuracy to pixels per inch. The camera is pretty mediocre and bogged down by the God awful stock camera app. The camera life isn't that great. No removable battery, no microSD, terrible storage performance because of the encryption which is not hardware accelerated (the Nexus 5 runs circles around it).

It's a very, very mediocre Snapdragon 805 device. It doesn't even have the 64bit build of Android on it since it's just an 805.

Other than having stock Android the Note 4 was better in every single way.

Note 4 is bloated and laggy.

Nexus 6 screen is better in accuracy of color than the Nexus 5, Nexus 5 screen was too washed out, Note 4 screen is too saturated. IMHO the Nexus 6 screen is a happy in between.

So what no 64 Bit? It's not even ready for mass adoption. Camera is decent, just because Linus had a bad experience with it doesn't mean it's bad, the 5.1 update solved a lot of issues with it. Also I use Manual camera for better control, it also shoots RAW.

Lack of SD card is understandable, but I don't use it and I find managing space is easier when it's on the phone itself. 

Yes it's by default encrypted, but the 5.1 update makes it faster then the Nexus 5 and more snappier than the note 4 in my use.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Note 4 is bloated and laggy.

Not true. You can uninstall basically all the bloat from the Note 4. If you encounter any lag then it is most likely because of the launcher, which takes like 5 seconds to change.

Nexus 6 screen is better in accuracy of color than the Nexus 5, Nexus 5 screen was too washed out, Note 4 screen is too saturated. IMHO the Nexus 6 screen is a happy in between.

I'd like a source on that, because everywhere I have looked says it is wrong. The "washed out" colors is what the colors should look like. I think people are just too used to oversaturated screens these days.

The Nexus 5's screen was very very good, except for the contrast with I will admit was pretty crappy. Blacks were too bright (especially compared to SAMOLED) and the brightness didn't go that high.

Not sure why you say the Note 4 is too saturated because it is pretty much spot on when it comes to that. The Nexus 6 on the other hand is terrible in this regard.

68989.png

You can check out DisplayMate for a more in-depth analysis of the Note 4's screen if you want. There really is no contest though. The Note 4 had the best screen of any phone up until the Galaxy S 6 is out (and it seems like the S 6 will take the crown from it).

So what no 64 Bit? It's not even ready for mass adoption. Camera is decent, just because Linus had a bad experience with it doesn't mean it's bad, the 5.1 update solved a lot of issues with it. Also I use Manual camera for better control, it also shoots RAW.

64 bit is ready for mass adoption...

I am not saying the camera is bad because Linus didn't like it. I am saying the camera is bad because the sensor and optics are pretty mediocre, and the camera apps are terrible.

If you have found some better camera app then I might change my mind regarding that though. Is this the camera app you use? It seems pretty good. Last time I checked there were no camera apps that took advantage of the new Camera2 API that worked on any other phone than the Nexus 5, but it seems like that info is outdated now.

Lack of SD card is understandable, but I don't use it and I find managing space is easier when it's on the phone itself. 

Yes it's by default encrypted, but the 5.1 update makes it faster then the Nexus 5 and more snappier than the note 4 in my use.

Yeah the 5.1 update improved the encryption performance by quite a lot, but it's still not very good. The problem is that it's being encrypted/decrypted by the CPU instead of in hardware.

HTC has great build quality and a fantastic design language, it would either be them or Motorola for my choice. I just don't like LG phones :/

I feel the exact same. Nobody really competes with HTC's build quality besides Apple, of whom I personally think is the lesser of the two.

Laptop - Lenovo Y50   Keyboard - Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown   Mouse - Logitech G502 Proteus Core   Mousepad - Razer Firefly

Please read the LTT Code of Conduct before submitting a post

Meanwhile, I'm still waiting for Nexus 10 follow-up ...

Why is SpongeBob the main character when Patrick is the star?

Can you guys stop freaking double posting?

My PC: i7 3770k @ 4.4 Ghz || Hyper 212 Evo || Intel Extreme Motherboard DZ77GA || EVGA Hybrid 980ti || Corsair Vengeance Blue 16GB || Samsung 840 Evo 120 GB || WD Black 1TB

Peripherals: Corsair K70 RGB || Sentey Pro Revolution Gaming Mouse || Beyerdynamic DT 990 Premium 250 Ohm Headphone || Benq XL2420Z Monitor

-snip-

I think my biggest reason for disliking the Nexus 6 is the price. It is priced the same as devices which are superior to it. The only thing it is "better" at over some other devices is that it has stock Android.

Meanwhile, I'm still waiting for Nexus 10 follow-up ...

Oh yes... What the hell was Google thinking with the Nexus 9? Just give us a proper replacement already Google. It seems like Samsung are moving towards 4:3 tablets as well so soon I'll just give up on ever getting a good tablet again.