Laptop for computer science/programming.

DotoreN

well these are 4th gen cpus. this means little less performance, higher power consumption and quite big differences in graphics performance. me personally the only dealbreaker is the power consumption cause im gonna travel with the thing.

i dont know if your on vessel but linus just reviewed the new thinkpad x1 carbon. there you can see the difference to other laptops

to the lenovo flex pro 2. it has really nice price for performance but i didnt found a way to configure it your own and didnt found a word on if your able to change the hard drive. also i really want the thinkpad keyboard :D

http://geizhals.at/lenovo-thinkpad-t450-20bv001vge-a1223143.html

What do you think of that thinkpad t450?

On the lenovo website it said it didn't come with 256gb ssd & 8gb ram but this retailer does have it built in ;o

I can't find the review in vessel, where did you see it?

I can't seem to find a thinkpad that has 256gb ssd, 8gb ram and is 13 or 14inch (1080p) either, do you?

as said you can configure them yourself on the lenovo website. its like the last step before buying it. works with the l450 and e550 thinkpads

Desktop Build Log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/486571-custom-wooden-case-with-lighting/#entry6529892

thinkpad l450, i5-5200u, 8gb ram, 1080p ips, 250gb samsung ssd, fingerprint reader, 72wh battery <3, mx master, motorola lapdock as secound screen

Please quote if you want me to respond and marking as solved is always appreciated.

@DotoreN

Are you from Austria/Germany?

If you have your Immatrikulationsbescheinigung you can get great deals at campuspoint

The T450 is a really good laptop, my sister owns a T440. The only difference is that the 450 has a better touchpad (still not the greatest tbh but you can get along with it) and a Broadwell CPU (and thus slightly better battery life)

Lenovo does build to order for some retailers so you will find configs that lenovo doesn't have on their homepage, also retailers can upgrade stuff like ram and drives themselves.