AMD 13.2 Beta drivers...

Hi all,

I'm downloading the new 13.2 drivers now, and I'll try running a GPU client to see if AMD finally fixed the problem that prevents folding on the GPU. Hopefully they have....

I'm running a 7870 so if anyone wants to try a 6000 series card (or have already tried a 7000 card) post the results here. Good luck

"Wisdom III" AMD FX 8120 @ 4.1Ghz // Biostar TA990FXE // 16GB GeIL Black Dragon (8x2) // Saphire HD 7870 OC Edition // CORSAIR TX850M // Curcial M4 64GB (boot) // Seagate Barracuda Green 1.5TB (storage) // Cooler Master Hyper N 520 // Windows 7 Pro 64 bit

Yeah, just finished the install... Well at least it's a little bit better for gaming. I hope they get this issue fixed soon, my PPD went down by 3/4 when I stopped GPU folding but I need the newer drivers to make my card stable in games. I'm starting to wonder if it could be an issue with the folding client not being up to date more than a driver issue.

"Wisdom III" AMD FX 8120 @ 4.1Ghz // Biostar TA990FXE // 16GB GeIL Black Dragon (8x2) // Saphire HD 7870 OC Edition // CORSAIR TX850M // Curcial M4 64GB (boot) // Seagate Barracuda Green 1.5TB (storage) // Cooler Master Hyper N 520 // Windows 7 Pro 64 bit

Man.. they seriously have to get their head in the game...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

not to be a nvidia fan boy but thats the only reason i am going with a nvidia gpu with my new build. i fold allot and it seams that amd is slowly falling apart yeah they have new gpus coming out but i am sure their cards can fold better then they are right now.

I have heard "rumors" on some other boards of some updates coming in FAH for AMD performance - but who knows what will really happen...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

not to be a nvidia fan boy but thats the only reason i am going with a nvidia gpu with my new build. i fold allot and it seams that amd is slowly falling apart yeah they have new gpus coming out but i am sure their cards can fold better then they are right now.
Some of the older Nvidia cards were having issues in December with not passing the test when they moved to core 15 work units but that was most likely a F@H issue caused by the new testing process being much more picky about possible memory errors on cards. My older folding machine was affected by that issue. My main rig was affected by the new AMD driver issue but I just backdated the drivers to what worked well and folding seems to be back to normal for the time being. I have no doubt that F@H will improve on AMD cards as it has in the past but for the time being Nvidia's CUDA technology is being leveraged far better.