X3 unlocking

I have a laptop with phenom 2 n870 triple core cpu.

And i wanted to know can i unlock fourth core on it?

If it's a triple core CPU, I'm not sure if a 4th core exists within it...

Laptop - Asus TUF FX504GM

i7 8750H | 24GB DDR4 | GTX 1060 6GB | 128GB NVMe SSD | 1TB HDD

Peripherals

Logitech G102 Prodigy | Nubwo N12

Yes it exist's

All triple core cpu's have fourth core

i'm pretty sure you could. there is a cult somewhere didicated to unlocking 3core CPUs

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

all triples are really duel duel cores.

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

Yes it exist's

All triple core cpu's have fourth core

Yes there is such thing as a 3 Core CPU, Take a look at the link... 

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/322391-28-merit-cores

It was a flaw in AMD's Most of CPU's

MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 5 CPU: INTEL G4400 CASE: DIYPC-SOLO-T1-R 

HDD: 160GB SEAGATE SSD: 128GB SAMSUNG PRO 850

POWER SUPPLY: 550W ANTEC

I am not sure if i can do that. Do you think i should try?

Yes there is such thing as a 3 Core CPU, Take a look at the link... 

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/322391-28-merit-cores

did you read your own link? both replys talk about how 3 core CPUs are lackluster 4cores that lost the silicon lottery.

hell yeah try. worth a shot.

if your laptop will let you do it in the BIOS.

i always wanted a tricore just so i could unlock that thing

did you read your own link? both replys talk about how 3 core CPUs are lackluster 4cores that lost the silicon lottery.

Oh, I didnt see that... 

MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 5 CPU: INTEL G4400 CASE: DIYPC-SOLO-T1-R 

HDD: 160GB SEAGATE SSD: 128GB SAMSUNG PRO 850

POWER SUPPLY: 550W ANTEC

Try, yes of course but I'm not sure if a laptop will allow you to.

CPU I7 - 4720HQ RAM 2 x 8GB • GPU Nvidia GTX 850M Storage 250GB 850 EVO - 1TB Seagate Hybrid
Keyboard CM Storm QuickFire Rapid-I (MX brown) & Pok3r (MX clear) • Mouse Logitech G502 • Sound Audio-Technica ATH-M50X • OS Windows 10 Pro - Linux Arch 
Storage Asustor AS7004T

hell yeah try. worth a shot.

if your laptop will let you do it in the BIOS.

i always wanted a tricore just so i could unlock that thing

Yes i have acces to bios and it gives me option to overclock it :D

But i've never tried to unlock it.

Yes i have acces to bios and it gives me option to overclock it :D

But i've never tried to unlock it.

oh hell yeah. unlock and clock baby. report results, i take no responsibility in the event that you fry that sucker.

I don't think there are laptop mbs able to unlock cores...

I will try to do that WISH me a luck.

oh hell yeah. unlock and clock baby. report results, i take no responsibility in the event that you fry that sucker.

I am currently on lap but i am trying that in 10 minutes i will report you. okay?

well i didnt mean to report you :P but to tell you how it's going.

I have a laptop with phenom 2 n870 triple core cpu.

And i wanted to know can i unlock fourth core on it?

Well it has a 4th core present.

Triple cores are a design failure, rather than toss the failed quad core they just disable the faulty core(s).

The triple cores are either based on Propus or Deneb (and their mobile counterparts), which were quad core dies.

True but they can unlock, they can also lock them to meet demand for a different CPU. Same was true with GPUs back in the day.

@GUzmani Yes it can probably unlock, but I doubt you have ACC in your BIOS.