Help with maths homework again please :)

NeatSquidYT

07O2A.jpg

Using the power of similar triangles. I tried to use the methods given to me last time (which worked, thanks :)) and they come up with huge decimals. Thanks.

Oh God not MyMaths...

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

Oh God not MyMaths...

ik, I hate it

nvm

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

pythagoras-erklaerung-mit-quadrate-forme

It's not to do with pythagoras, it's a homework that's for getting used to similarities.

Anyways, just use the scale factor 2.5 (you find this out by doing 48.5/19.4) on whatever you want to find out, I think that's what you're supposed to do

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

x is 46.3351

y is 21.1017

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

Anyways, just use the scale factor 2.5 (you find this out by doing 48.5/19.4) on whatever you want to find out, I think that's what you're supposed to do

Thank you very much :) 100% master race :P

x is 46.3351

y is 21.1017

Thanks for the help, but it was 50.5 and 17.8

are they "simmilar"

Yes

you find the ratio of 2 sides of one triangle to get the the side of the 2nd triangle

19.4/20.2 = 44.5/X

unless those aren't corresponding sides. it's hard to tell. 

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

It's so easy D:.

19.4/48.5 = y/44.5 = 20.2/x

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Y= 20.22 + 19.42 = 784.4

the square root of 784.4 = 28.0071419

Thanks for the help, but it was 50.5 and 17.8

Yes

oh, well read above, i picked the wrong corresponding sides.  been a while since i've done this.

Y= 20.22 + 19.42 = 784.4

the square root of 784.4 = 28.0071419

that only works for right triangles.

that only works for right triangles.

Oh yeah I forgot lol

It's so easy D:.

19.4/48.5 = y/44.5 = 20.2/x

The answers were x=50.5 and y=17.8 :P

It should be like this:

19.4/48.5=y/44.5

You'll find the Y.

Do cross multiplication.

Then...

19.4/48.5=20.2/x

You'll find the X.

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

now-kiss-meme-math.jpg

When everything else Fails,Crowbar IT. - Half-life

Being a Linux user is sort of like living in a house inhabited by a large family of carpenters and architects. Every morning when you wake up, the house is a little different. Maybe there is a new turret, or some walls have moved. Or perhaps someone has temporarily removed the floor under your bed." - Unix for Dummies, 2nd Edition (Found in the .sig of Rob Riggs) 

Dude... dat homework.

Are 12 or what :P?

14 bro

#getitright

:P /jk

yep, that was it :) thanks

rule of thumb in these things:

color the simmilar parts of the triangle for easy visualisation

then always divide the bigger one by the smaller one to get a ratio and then

multiply small by ratio for big

divide big by ratio for small

It should be like this:

19.4/48.5=y/44.5

You'll find the Y.

Do cross multiplication.

Then...

19.4/48.5=20.2/x

You'll find the X.

If you're still confused on what I mean, you can think of this:

A/B=C/E=D/F

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

It's not to do with pythagoras, it's a homework that's for getting used to similarities.

Ahhh shit why'd you have to quote me so quick now i look like a dumbass :/ I immediatly realized my mistake and edited the post :P

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W