i5 4690k with titan x sli

Geno Boost

at stock speeds yes, but everyone overlocks and sandy bridge processors still kick arse in that department.

Overclocking can be done on both so If you overclock a Sandy to 4.8 (easy enough) and a Haswell to 4.6Ghz (rarer, but easier than 4.8Ghz) then it's still a nice jump in IPC.

But your right,.. an i7 wouldn't do much more if at all,.. maybe not even a 5960x, because essentially if your not FORCING a GPU bound situation (4K + 2xAA+ or more, Downsampling or 1440p+8xMSAA) then your may just bottleneck the full potential with any CPU.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

im a bit about of touch with tech news this week as I've been busy! and haven't watched the wan show yet if it explains there, but what is the benefit of DX12 and processors?? Does it as i imagine make the workload more spread? so instead of having all the work on one or 2 cores and the last 2 just doing a bit here in there just spread it across all 4 evenly??

if so i think ill be upgrading soon! skylake or broadwell... hmmmmm

Basically, yea. It'll also be interesting to see if DX12 is more efficient with cpu to gpu bandwidth.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2900814/tested-directx-12s-potential-performance-leap-is-insane.html