Free Web Coding Software

MuffinsOfGump

hey everyone, I am taking a Web Coding class, and I wanted to work from home. Is there a coding program similar to Dreamweaver (which is what we use at school)? I really do like the window in Dreamweaver that lets you see your site. Suggestions? Thanks everyone!

notepad++ and a browser

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

I know there is Microsoft one but I'm not sure what the name is. Maybe if you look around their page.

Notepad

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

i use adobe edge code (its free btw), note pad is nice too, just not as pretty

hey everyone, I am taking a Web Coding class, and I wanted to work from home. Is there a coding program similar to Dreamweaver (which is what we use at school)? I really do like the window in Dreamweaver that lets you see your site. Suggestions? Thanks everyone!

Just use Notepad++ and code stuff yourself, Dreamweaver is just terrible

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Dreamweaver, like many other programs, is just a glorified text editor called an Integrated Development Environment. They really don't do a lot more than notepad. If you just search for web IDEs, you can find many free and/or open-source softwares, like Microsoft's Visual Studio or JetBrain's WebStorm

AMD FX8350  2x ASUS Radeon R9 270X 4GB  ASUS Sabertooth 990FX  -  Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3 16GB

You can find dreamweaver for free (but should not endorse this).

I use dreamweaver on almost all my PCs (I am web programmer).

~Jervi - Jervi systems inc.

Join Jervi and leave your virginity at home!

Visual Studio Express Web is really, really, nice, other then that there is also Brackets, which I think is made by Adobe, and then the most simple is Notepad++. These are all free, just make sure when searching for VS Web, you find the VS Express Web, in which the express version is free but works greatly.

For what you want I think Brackets is for you.

Intel i5-6600k (Cooled by a 212 evo) - Asus Z170-A - Asus Dual OC GTX 1060 - NZXT S340 - WD 1TB (Getting SSD this month, hopefully) - 8GB DDR4-2400

LG G4 - Asus Zenwatch 2

there is notepad++ and your web browser of your choice. However there are free alternatives to Dreamweaver, Aptana Studio, Microsoft Expression Web, Microsoft WebMatrix. I haven't used the ones form Microsoft but I have used Aptana it does take a little bit to get use to but by far it is the closest thing to Dreamweaver. 

I downloaded Brackets and Notepad++ as you guys suggested, gonna try em out later tonight, I'll let ya know :)

Avoid dreamweaver at all costs, get a proper text editor (sublime text, atom, backets) and a browser (chrome) and you will be much better off.