Overheating shutdown at low temps

So my computer blue screened twice today and both times have me a error message of a overheating problem. The thing is my computer is running at around 40-50C for the cpu. and nothing is getting hotter than that, so im guessing its not overheating. I opened her up and noticed a usb 3.0 plug was loose and i plugged it all the way in and sprayed out some decent amount of dust and the issue hasnt happened again. Im not convinced that one of these minor things caused such a significant error though if anyone has any ideas please let me know your help will be greatly appreciated. 

3770k stock cooler processor
XFX 7870 card
16gb corssair vengeance ram
an asus motherboard dont remember the name.

no its not happening under load just for no reason, like one time it happened right at boot another time when i was on facebook and the third time the cpu was under load, but my temprature never got even close to overheat territory

3770k stock cooler processor

XFX 7870 card

16gb corssair vengeance ram

an asus motherboard dont remember the name.

no its not happening under load just for no reason, like one time it happened right at boot another time when i was on facebook and the third time the cpu was under load, but my temprature never got even close to overheat territory

What is your PSU?

If you could include the Motherboard as well as what bios version you're using, that would help a lot.

Are you using a SSD or regular hard drive?

What OS are you using? Most recent drivers? Any error messages?

The more information you can provide, the easier it'll be to diagnose.

• 1 year later...

(SOLVED) forgot to do this before sorry. The stock feet pins on the i7 suck one of them broke and it was danglin a little got a new cooler with good feet and everything is happy again and has been for awhile