Upgrade to two titan x's?

REDARROWS1

The people that can't afford it are the first to claim it's a waste of money without regard to any other spec, performance desire, etc. Not everyone puts price per performance as top priority, and each time I read comments about something being a waste of money, it just irritates me.

If you don't need the horsepower, why go spend $2000?  It's like upgrading your car a week after buying it.  I understand that people want to chase the biggest and the best, but even for people with disposable income that's not the easiest thing in the world to do.  People who want to do it are going to do it regardless, but I'm not going to tell anyone it's a good idea. 

I doubt three 780's are really struggling all that much at 4K.  OP should only upgrade if he finds his performance lacking, but honestly 3 way SLI 780's will smash a single TitanX, and that card is already really solid on its own at 4K.  

Personally, I find life is much better when you stop staring at the framecounter and just enjoy playing video games.  I understand that it's not always about gaming performance though, sometimes people just want a powerful system for the sake of it.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

a three way 780ti may outperform 2 titan x's plus +2000 for a sli rig that will barely pull off 4k... FUCK THAT!!!!!

If the 390x beats the titan X for hundreds less, a lot of people who blew all that money on a Titan are going to feel pretty stupid, especially since the 390x with its hybrid cooler is going to run a lot cooler(since Nvidia fans claimed to care so much about temps).

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x,  MOBO: ASUS TUF X570 Gaming Pro wifi, CPU cooler: Noctua U12a RAM: Gskill Ripjaws V @3600mhz,  GPU: Asus Tuf RTX OC 3080 PSU: Seasonic Focus GX850 CASE: Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh Storage: 500 GB Inland Premium M.2,  Sandisk Ultra Plus II 256 GB & 120 GB

Go with two Titan X cards as when you get to that game with PhysX I assume you are going to want that on too?  If I had a fat wallet I'd definitely would be getting two Titan X cards and a 4K monitor.  I would of course try to buy the Titan X cards used as to not give Nvidia money right now.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

If you want 5k gaming and you have the money for 2 titan x's then do it. 4k is still a fantastic experience but if you got some extra nickels and dimes around than go ahead and buy two of them bad boys. 

Also, You might wanna look into some bench marking from your 3 way configuration now with the 780 ti's compared to the dual titan x's. Your 3 way config might out preform a dual titan x? I dont know to be honest but something to look into!

a three way 780ti may outperform 2 titan x's plus +2000 for a sli rig that will barely pull off 4k... FUCK THAT!!!!!

Your post it complete non sense. The OP stated he wants to play 4K... so where would a GTX780Ti outperform a Titan X...sure in 4K with 3GB VRAM... cool story.

I can outperform 3way GTX980 SLI with my Titan X 2way, so again where do you want to score?

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

If the 390x beats the titan X for hundreds less, a lot of people who blew all that money on a Titan are going to feel pretty stupid, especially since the 390x with its hybrid cooler is going to run a lot cooler(since Nvidia fans claimed to care so much about temps).

its not gonna and thats guaranteed it always is 

Your post it complete non sense. The OP stated he wants to play 4K... so where would a GTX780Ti outperform a Titan X...sure in 4K with 3GB VRAM... cool story.

I can outperform 3way GTX980 SLI with my Titan X 2way, so again where do you want to score?

I did say 3 780ti's  may outperform a titan x since there were 3 gpu's. numbers are deceiving 

its not gonna and thats guaranteed it always is 

What do you mean by it always is? There have been numerous examples where AMD topped Nvidia. The two take turns putting out the most powerful GPU for a time. Lately Nvidia has been on top more but leaked specs I've seen show the 390x beating the TitanX. The 295x2 handily beat the TitanZ, the 290x was king of the hill for a time.

AMD has a lot riding on the 390x, sounds like they pretty much went all out on it, I would be surprised if it doesn't beat the titanx. Although if it is slightly less powerful, expect AMD to offer it WAY cheaper.

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x,  MOBO: ASUS TUF X570 Gaming Pro wifi, CPU cooler: Noctua U12a RAM: Gskill Ripjaws V @3600mhz,  GPU: Asus Tuf RTX OC 3080 PSU: Seasonic Focus GX850 CASE: Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh Storage: 500 GB Inland Premium M.2,  Sandisk Ultra Plus II 256 GB & 120 GB

What do you mean by it always is? There have been numerous examples where AMD topped Nvidia. The two take turns putting out the most powerful GPU for a time. Lately Nvidia has been on top more but leaked specs I've seen show the 390x beating the TitanX. The 295x2 handily beat the TitanZ, the 290x was king of the hill for a time.

AMD has a lot riding on the 390x, sounds like they pretty much went all out on it, I would be surprised if it doesn't beat the titanx. Although if it is slightly less powerful, expect AMD to offer it WAY cheaper.

when it comes to top of the line cards Nvidia wins, for example the r9 295x2( r9 290x2) was deafeated by sli 780ti's. also the titan z was apparently a dev's card (correct me if i am wrong) but there are exceptions like the r9 280x rips the 960 a new asshole 

didnt AMD say the 390x was a 980 competitor or is that speculation

I did say 3 780ti's  may outperform a titan x since there were 3 gpu's. numbers are deceiving 

No it won´t... I´ve had GTX780Ti in SLI, I´ve had 3 GTX980 in SLI and I have got a GTX Titan X 2way SLI. Believe it or not, I don´t care, but the Titan X SLI is the better choice for 4K.

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

No it won´t... I´ve had GTX780Ti in SLI, I´ve had 3 GTX980 in SLI and I have got a GTX Titan X 2way SLI. Believe it or not, I don´t care, but the Titan X SLI is the better choice for 4K.

Oh thanks. 

Eh, if you wanna spend a buncha money you can get the titan x's, or you can wait for amd 3xx series and for 980 ti which is apparently coming as well.

CPUAMD FX 8320 @4.4 GHz 1.212 vcore Motherboard - Asus M5A99X R2.0 RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB 1866 GPU - Asus Gtx 970 Case - Corsair Vengeance C70 Military Green Storage - 120 GB Samsung 840 Series, 1TB WD Black,  240 GB Corsair Force LX PSU - EVGA 750W G2 Cooling - Noctua NH-D14 Keyboard Corsair K70  Mouse - Logitech G502

Thanks for all the advice guys think I'm gunna wait for a while and then just sell my pc next year and build a new one

<p>Pc specs: cpu: i7 4960x: gpu: windforce 780ti x3: cpu cooler: h100i: ram: 32gb corsair vengence pro red: motherboard: asus iv rampage black edition: case: 900d: ssd: 1tb 840 evo: hdd 4tb wb black: psu: corsair ax1200i: os: windows 7 ultimate: monitor: asus pb287q 4k