i need helping with find parts for a heavy duty workstation / light gaming PC

Hello all. I'm new to the forums and i'm having a bit of  a issue with the build i'm about to do. I'm going to be building a work station for my heavy workload of video editing, Photo Editing, 3D rendering and audio work as well, But i also want to do some gaming while on my down time or while something renders. 

with all of that in my head i went over to micro center and i told them the parts i wanted and made two different list of Parts to go for and i would like to share this list and see if i can get some opinions and Ideas from others.

here are the two lists i have for the build abnd the build i have is a budget of 2700 I'm using for the build, 

List 1:

Intel Core I7 5930K
ASUS X 99-A 2011 -3 ATX
Crucial 16GB 4x4 DDR4 2400 DIMM
EVGA SUPRNOVA 850G2 80g FM PSU
EGVA GTX 750 TI FTW 2GB ACX PCIE
SAMSUNG E 120GB 850 EVO SSD
4x SEAGATE 4TB SATA 6GB/ S HDDSEAGATE
ASUS WIRELESS 300 DB PCIE LP
CREATIVE SB ZXR HI -FI PCIE SNDCARD
CORSAIR H1OOI GTX LIQUID COOLER
NZXT 5.25 USB3 BAYCARD READER

List 2:
Intel Core i7 5820k
ASUS Z97 -AR ATM 1150
Crucial 16GB 8X2 DD3 1600 DIMM C9
IPSG LG 24X DVDRW SATA OEM
SAMSUNG E 500GB 850EVO SATA3 2.5
4x SEAGATE 4TB SATA 6GB/ S HDDSEAGATE
CORSAIR HYDRO H11O  LIQUID COOLER
ASUSCOMP GTX760OC 2GB DDHDP PCIE

-snip-

Welcome to the forums!

For heavy work, I'd think #1 with a GTX 960 would do. See what @Prastupok has to say.

You're still gonna need DDR$ and X99 for #2's CPU. Get a 4790K and it'll work.

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

-snip-

Thanks for the reference, dadasmithywinkle.

Rai Nicholas, first, there is no point in going to a 5930k unless you're going to be dropping in a bunch of addin cards. They overclock to the same, and it's still a 6 core (the 5820k).

Second, are you getting paid for this work, or is it just a personal "I like to mess around with this stuff"? If it's the former, OK, but if the latter, X99 isn't needed. For a dual slot board, you better have a big budget... mine was over 12 grand, not including peripherals.

So, what applications do you use?

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

Thanks for the reference, dadasmithywinkle.

Rai Nicholas, first, there is no point in going to a 5930k unless you're going to be dropping in a bunch of addin cards. They overclock to the same, and it's still a 6 core (the 5820k).

Second, are you getting paid for this work, or is it just a personal "I like to mess around with this stuff"? If it's the former, OK, but if the latter, X99 isn't needed. For a dual slot board, you better have a big budget... mine was over 12 grand, not including peripherals.

So, what applications do you use?

Well to answer the second question first, I'm a free lance Videographer, Photographer, which is what's helping me to make this build a possible thing for me to go do. As for the Applications i use they are. Sony Vegas Pro 13,Sony sound forge pro 11,Sony DVD Architect Pro,Adobe Photoshop CC,Adobe After Effects CC,Adobe Lightroom 5, FL Studios / fruity loops Stuidos ,Blender, Davinci resolve and aside from that i do have a small list of third part effects for both Sony Vegas Pro 13 & Adobe After Effects CC. 

would you recommend me to go for the 5820k over the 5930K? and what would be a good motherboard to house the 5820k and be able to expand on RAM if needed?