linux problem with running steam

Loner

Need some help with a steam installation on linux. Force ran after it wouldnt launch, got "missing the following 32-bit system shizzel wizzel (paraphrasing), steam may not run: libc.so.6" i could list-off the consol error code if anybody wants them but im pretty sure there irrelivent. any help would be awsome and i love you and start a cult in your honor or whatever.

Open a terminal and do

sudo apt-get install ^libc6.*

If that doesn't work you can also try

sudo apt-get -V install ia32-libs

Seems like c3p0_ got to this one before me. Those terminal commands should work for you.

Have fun gaming. =)

"Have you tried turning it off and back on again?"

got another error code ending with a "[your missing] libGL.so.1" i assume i just do the same thing but switch out the charater diffrences.

Open a terminal and do

sudo apt-get install ^libc6.*

If that doesn't work you can also try

sudo apt-get -V install ia32-libs

now this thing that i found in my consol when i tried running steam and a bunch of shizzel fizzel poped up

"The following packages have unmet dependencies:

libgl1-mesa-glx:i386 : Depends: libglapi-mesa:i386 (= 10.1.3-0ubuntu0.4)

unity-control-center : Depends: libcheese-gtk23 (>= 3.4.0) but it is not going to be installed

Depends: libcheese7 (>= 3.0.1) but it is not going to be installed

E: Error, pkgProblemResolver::Resolve generated breaks, this may be caused by held packages."

How peculiar, what version/build of Linux are you running?

now this thing that i found in my consol when i tried running steam and a bunch of shizzel fizzel poped up

"The following packages have unmet dependencies:

unity-control-center : Depends: libcheese-gtk23 (>= 3.4.0) but it is not going to be installed

E: Error, pkgProblemResolver::Resolve generated breaks, this may be caused by held packages."

You need to install the missing packages with 

sudo apt-get install libglapi-mesa:i386

sudo apt-get install libcheese7

sudo apt-get install libcheese-gtk23

Then run

sudo apt-get autoclean -y

sudo dpkg --configure -a

sudo apt-get -f install ^libc6.*

You need to install the missing packages with 

sudo apt-get install libglapi-mesa:i386

sudo apt-get install libcheese7

sudo apt-get install libcheese-gtk23

Then run

sudo apt-get autoclean -y

sudo dpkg --configure -a

sudo apt-get -f install ^libc6.*

ran the first line returned with "pkgproblemresolver: :Resolve generated breaks, this may be cause by held packages"

How peculiar, what version/build of Linux are you running?

whatever the most recent build was (stable) brand new rig, literaly slotted the memory in today

whatever the most recent build was (stable) brand new rig, literaly slotted the memory in today

What version and distribution are you running? Ubuntu/mint? Lts ? 14.04?

tried running the steam client again and consol returned with

" The following packages have unmet dependencies:
E: Error, pkgProblemResolver::Resolve generated breaks, this may be caused by held packages. "

i also ran everything except the first line of code which returned with a (paraphrasing)

"the file something couldnt be executed becuase somthing impossible etc."

Enter the command lsb_release -a. Post the output here.

No LSB modules are available.

Distributor ID:    Ubuntu

Description:    Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS

Release:    14.04

Codename:    trusty

Just to confirm, you've already tried deleting everything from your first few attempts and relaunching

sudo apt-get install steam -y
sudo reboot

right? 

Just to confirm, you've already tried deleting everything from your first few attempts and relaunching

sudo apt-get install steam -y

sudo reboot

right? 

yeah, i think, if not before then i just did. honestly im a html/c++ programmer whos very scared by all this linux mombo jumbo, needed a free os and i heared linux didnt suck so i went with it(note linux dosent suck i suck at it, great os and all that shiz)

yeah, i think, if not before then i just did. honestly im a html/c++ programmer whos very scared by all this linux mombo jumbo, needed a free os and i heared linux didnt suck so i went with it(note linux dosent suck i suck at it, great os and all that shiz)

Haha! I have Linux has a side-OS for certain things, I am currently using it to help me better my skills at programming

but I fear I am no good it at all so sticking to the Hardware side of things! =p

This will sound really silly but try deleting all the files, from program information and the likes, and rerun it directly

from the Steam website, I actually think they have a step-by-step if you look for it. Under Valve-Ubuntu I believe.

I would search it for you myself but my Computer is currently playing up and I'm barely holding connection.

Hope you get a fix! 

Haha! I have Linux has a side-OS for certain things, I am currently using it to help me better my skills at programming

but I fear I am no good it at all so sticking to the Hardware side of things! =p

This will sound really silly but try deleting all the files, from program information and the likes, and rerun it directly

from the Steam website, I actually think they have a step-by-step if you look for it. Under Valve-Ubuntu I believe.

I would search it for you myself but my Computer is currently playing up and I'm barely holding connection.

Hope you get a fix! 

it magically started working at some point last night, i got steam installed along with gmod, you guys were a big help (i think, still not sure what happened) and you all will be awarded 300 loner bucks (note: not legal US or European union tender) 

it magically started working at some point last night, i got steam installed along with gmod, you guys were a big help (i think, still not sure what happened) and you all will be awarded 300 loner bucks (note: not legal US or European union tender) 

I'm glad we could be of some assistance, that is the issue with Linux, it can be temperamental.

Happy Gaming! =)