Gaming ultrawide monitor

Scratchy1215

i know the response times in ultra wides are poop for gaming, but no bezels is just awesome and im used to 5ms as is so i wont have to transition to much. but what id like to know is what you guys would recommend for the best ultrawide out of the ones out so far. i like the curved one linus reviewed not to long ago but idk how well id like it in reality, but other then that ive never got into displays to much i just know i love my LED samsung tv i use currently but i know theres so much better out there. my plan in the long future is to have a ultra wide with two screens mounted above the ends of the ultrawide for side things such as temp and what not. but for now im just looking for a great ultrawide but not super expensive. i dont currently have a budget but 500$ is like top dollar unless theres something that will blow my mind over a cheaper one  

i know the response times in ultra wides are poop for gaming, but no bezels is just awesome and im used to 5ms as is so i wont have to transition to much. but what id like to know is what you guys would recommend for the best ultrawide out of the ones out so far. i like the curved one linus reviewed not to long ago but idk how well id like it in reality, but other then that ive never got into displays to much i just know i love my LED samsung tv i use currently but i know theres so much better out there. my plan in the long future is to have a ultra wide with two screens mounted above the ends of the ultrawide for side things such as temp and what not. but for now im just looking for a great ultrawide but not super expensive. i dont currently have a budget but 500$ is like top dollar unless theres something that will blow my mind over a cheaper one

Go to best buy or you local equivalent and test out a few monitors to see which one you like the most.

Usually it is up to personal preference. Some people can't stand low response time or low refresh rates and some people can.

Im so patriotic, I piss red white and blue. My doctor told me it was pancreatic cancer, I told him to SHUT HIS COMMIE MOUTH.

-A shotgun wielding redneck

You can safely ignore the advertised response times. They mean precisely dick. Just like contrast ratio nowadays.

Response times are really PIXEL response times and have to do with ghosting not the responsiveness of the monitor - what you care about is input lag, which is usually hard to find, as only indepth reviews test for it. If you really want to learn about this, see the sticky under this forum section.

But "gaming" panels usually have low input lag.

There are 3 currently known gaming 21:9`s, first two are preorderable already here and there:

LG 29um67 - 29inch, IPS, 2560x1080, 75hz, freesync

LG 34um67 - 34inch, IPS, 2560x1080, 75hz, freesync

Acer XR341CK - 34inch, IPS, 3440x1440, 144hz, gsync

And i wouldnt buy anything else this year, if i really wanted to enjoy my gaming.

acer xr341ck only thing u need to know.

<p>CPU: Intel i7 4790k(4.9GHz), Motherboard: ASUS sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB) GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 (2 way SLI) PSU: EVGA 850w G2 Storage: Intel 730 Series 240GB 2.5" SSD, Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB Case: NZXT H440 Designed by Razer, EK,Alphacool,Bitspower custom loop.

“Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding.”

Albert Einstein 14 December 1930

My LG 25um65-s is good but it seems to have a 5ms response time. Like it being advertised

Needs Update

You can safely ignore the advertised response times. They mean precisely dick. Just like contrast ratio nowadays.

Response times are really PIXEL response times and have to do with ghosting not the responsiveness of the monitor - what you care about is input lag, which is usually hard to find, as only indepth reviews test for it. If you really want to learn about this, see the sticky under this forum section.

But "gaming" panels usually have low input lag.

There are 3 currently known gaming 21:9`s, first two are preorderable already here and there:

LG 29um67 - 29inch, IPS, 2560x1080, 75hz, freesync

LG 34um67 - 34inch, IPS, 2560x1080, 75hz, freesync

Acer XR341CK - 34inch, IPS, 3440x1440, 144hz, gsync

And i wouldnt buy anything else this year, if i really wanted to enjoy my gaming.

Bob is right, but I'd stick with the LG's