HTC 7Pro: catastrophic benchmark results? O.o

hi there ;)

I just ran one of the few benchmarks for Windows Phone on my HTC 7Pro/Arrive (Specs: http://www.phonearena.com/phones/HTC-Arrive_id5170) with WP 7.8 - AnTuTu Benchmark 0.8.0.

I've been using my phone every day for the last 2 years without resetting, but within the last 3 months I realized that it's getting a bit slow.

The results I got were:

Memory: 343

CPU interger: 646

CPU float-point: 388

2D graphics: 245

Database IO: 105

Storage Write: (1.3 MB/s) 13

Storage Read: (10.8 MB/s) 108

Total Score: 1848

in comparison to that the results of a HTC 8X (Specs: http://www.phonearena.com/phones/HTC-Windows-Phone-8X_id7224) are:

Memory: 690

CPU interger: 5486

CPU float-point: 3969

2D graphics: 305

Database IO: 395

Storage Write: (320.5 MB/s) 174

Storage Read: (161.2 MB/s) 221

Total Score: 11248

I know that the 8X has much better specs, but I didn't expect my 7Pro to fall so far behind - especially the storage rates are disastrous.

Are these normal results for such phones?

Or does anyone have an idea on how to speed up my phone or know if a reset would make a noticable difference?

Thanks in advance!

That's just the difference of having a phone from 2010 versus one from 2012, there's going to be a difference as phones get faster and faster. Keep in mind numbers don't necessarily mean real world performance so don't put all your stock in them. You can try a factory reset to see if that speeds things up but otherwise if you want a faster phone you need to buy a faster phone.

It is probably time to upgrade. By the looks of it you have a Windows solution. Hence something like the HTC 8X or a Nokia Lumia will work just fine. Or you could get an S4 or HTC One

thanks for the amswers, they confirmed what i expected - my phone is getting old :/

Through my provider, i could get either a lumia 820 or a 8X for the same, reasonable price. Which one would you go for?

Of those choices i'd pick the 8X unless you meant the Lumia 920, then i'd be a toss up.

thanks for the amswers, they confirmed what i expected - my phone is getting old :/

Through my provider, i could get either a lumia 820 or a 8X for the same, reasonable price. Which one would you go for?

You should try going to a store and holding the two and see which one feels better. I believe the 8X is bigger than the 820. The 820 also has a microSD slot, removable battery and the option for wireless charging, if you want those things (the 8X has none of these, I believe).

Thanks for your answers, I think trying the phones in a store is a good idea, but the Lumia 820's features are really a good point. especially wireless charging, since micro USB is the worst of all the connectors they could have chosen from ;) my current phone is only charging when the cable is hanging over an edge :P