What Budget Overclocking Cooler?

Sailorman

I am building a system soon based around the amd fx 6300. I will be overclocking it a lot and want to know which cpu cooler gives me high performance and bang for buck. Also I will most likely be upgrading it to a better FX processor in future. It can be a liquid cooler or air cooler.

Incoming Hyper212 EVO comments in 3..... 2..... --- Oh they already started.

It's pretty solid, just make sure apply thermal paste correctly.

To divert your topic a little bit, why the FX 6300 over the G3258? It's cheaper and will give you better gaming performance in every title?

HydrOS (Waterworks 3.0) Pictures: // One // Two // Three

i7 5820k @ 4.3GHz (1.165v) // Asus X99-A // 16GB-DDR4 Vengeance 2400 CAS13 // RAID 0 Intel 730 240GB // Nvidia Titan X (+200Core +500Memory) // Swiftech D5 // ASUS ROG SWIFT

I have been looking at the hyper 212 evo but I'm not sure if it will be able to cool something like an overclocked 8350 or 9590 for future upgrades.

Lol I'm gonna be another one to back up the Hyper 212 Evo. It'll cool something like both of those CPUs due to its great fin spacing and large design. You might want to put two fans on it just to be sure.

Dual Boot Windows & Hackintosh

CPU: Intel 4790K | Motherboard: ASUS Maximus Hero Vii | GPU: Zotac AMP! Extreme GTX 970 | Display: ASUS PB278Q | Case: Phantom 630 | PSU: Corsair HX1000i 

Canada eh? 

Lol. Ok I will look further into the Hyper 212 evo although I am not looking for something as budgety as that. Any other recommendations (other than the hyper 212 evo :) ) will be greatly appreciated.

Lol. Ok I will look further into the Hyper 212 evo although I am not looking for something as budgety as that. Any other recommendations (other than the hyper 212 evo :) ) will be greatly appreciated.

It would help to tell us where you're shopping/located and your budget.

You need to quote a post or tag a member or else they won't get a notification you replied to them.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.