Budget laptop

hurricane708

Hello,

I am a student with a very tight budget of around $300 or less (not more) and I was Wondering if any of you had any ideas of any laptops for that price

(preferences)

windows 8.1

Intel I5, prefer Intel I7

nVidia chip

300-500gb hdd (ssd if possible)

thank you in advance

ill check back on this later leaving battle-station 

Hello,

I am a student with a very tight budget of around $300 or less (not more) and I was Wondering if any of you had any ideas of any laptops for that price

(preferences)

windows 8.1

Intel I5, prefer Intel I7

nVidia chip

300-500gb hdd (ssd if possible)

thank you in advance

ill check back on this later leaving battle-station 

you might be able to get an off lease machine with those specs (gen 2 or 3 i5 lowend geforce dedicated) but it wont come with W8. SSD is basically out of the question; in that price range.

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.

-snip-

For that price, you won't be getting what you want, definitely not new.

The dedicated GPU alone will rule out everything in that range.

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

For 300, I honestly doubt it. Or get any that would last. For that budget you are going to look at an i3 for the most part. i5/i7 comes up around 500+ area. Maybe you can find a refurbished one around that.

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

@GzeroD off-lease you mean rent a center?

No. off lease means it is a refurbished computer that had been part of a lease program (usually for a company or school) 

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA5WM2FR1734

Is the kind of thing you should expect to find as an off lease sale item.

That one looks pretty solid. Battery life will be mediocre but its got respectable specs and a warranty.