Minimum Specs

SgtSparkles

I'm curious to the extent of minimum specs requirements effect game functionality. I sure this is case by case and i do seem to remember a few recent titles having crazy minimums but people were able to play them just fine without being that crazy high in spec. If you're too far below minimum do you just suffer in graphics quality or maybe just outright crashes...or both. I haven't messed with it at all.

i believe meeting minimum requirements means you can run it, but not with everything cranked up. if you're lower than minimum specs, then the game will run like crap or crash. some games though do overextend minimum specs so you can actually run the game in spite of your specs being lower than minimum. the only way to find out is to look a bit into the kinds of systems people are using to run that game 

If you have lower than that it means you might not get that smooth 60fps and maybe a few crashes. If that was your question

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600 Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: 32Gb DDR4  GPU(s): MSI 6800-XT Case: NZXT H440 Storage: 4x 250gb SSD + 2TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM850x with CableMod Displays: 1 x Asus ROG Swift And 3 x 24" 1080p Cooling: H100i Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Sound: AKG 553 Operating System: Windows 10

Current PC: 

http://i.imgur.com/ubYSO3f.jpg          http://i.imgur.com/xhpDcqd.jpg

If you have lower than that it means you might not get that smooth 60fps and maybe a few crashes. If that was your question

Its not always that positive. Minimum specs for some games mean 30 fps on lowest settings, sometimes even on lower resolutions.

Mah Build:  CPU: Intel i7-7700K COOLING: NZXT Kraken X52 GPU: Asus Strix GTX 1080 MOBO: Asus Strix Z270F RAM: 16GB GSKILL TridentZ RGB 3000 

CASE: In Win 303 STORAGE: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate 1TB  SSHD PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750W

I'm curious to the extent of minimum specs requirements effect game functionality. I sure this is case by case and i do seem to remember a few recent titles having crazy minimums but people were able to play them just fine without being that crazy high in spec. If you're too far below minimum do you just suffer in graphics quality or maybe just outright crashes...or both. I haven't messed with it at all.

Just means exactly what it says. The minimum specs required to play the game and that does not mean at the ultra settings and expect to get 60fps.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

they dont always mean much!! dying light recommended a core i5 2500k minimum cpu. i could max the game out at 1440p with my card and gpu, and even get decent medium settings at 4k but on both of those front my gpu was the weak link.

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

Would depend on game. For some min means that you can launch game and even play it. But fps will be like 20 or lower. And for others running it on min settings will provide close to 50 fps.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 core , 2 cores, multiple cores

Clock speed, better IPC with lower clock speed etc

For example old games that measures requirement with clock speed (like 2.5Ghz requirement) won't run on my old AMD 4050e despite having higher IPC it refuse to run

specs nowdays alot more complicated

but the minimum requirements makes it easier for developer to narrow down solution for bug/problems they found.