How To Make Pixel Art

joelthezombie15

So, i want to try my hand at pixel aret (2D) but idk what program to use.

I tried using paint but it was a pain and I tried inkscape and it was very confusing. 

Any ideas?

thanks

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

GIMP is good, but it takes some time to get used to. The layers functionality is fantastic (IMO), but it's not for everyone and the layout may need some personalization to know where everything is and what tools to use.

For a beginner, you may want to go with @WoodenMarker and you should really try out piq.

Thanks, i like it

GIMP is good, but it takes some time to get used to. The layers functionality is fantastic (IMO), but it's not for everyone and the layout may need some personalization to know where everything is and what tools to use.

For a beginner, you may want to go with @WoodenMarker and you should really try out piq.

ya i will try gimp, it was hard when i tried it a while ago

Ive already made some stuff (I think they are kinda cool)

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

Personally, I use GIMP and Inkscape for the very limited image creation I do, and although they can look a bit complicated, google is an amazing tool. They have some really good documentation for both as well, especially inkscape. If you give it another try, you might find it's actually really useful.

HTTP/2 203