Laptop for programming

So i have always used my school computer for coding, but now they want it back..
so i need to get a laptop myself my budget is $800 - $1000.

Any suggestions?

Do you want any particular features?

Do you want to buy from any particular retailer?

Sig under construction.

Do you want any particular features?

Do you want to buy from any particular retailer?

well, im from Denmark so i kinda just need a name on the computer you suggest. xD

Unless it is a webstore with worldwide shipping.

Well, I'd say go get a Dell XPS 13 (the new 2015 model), a Thinkpad or a MacBook of some sort, and if you go for a Windows laptop, I strongly suggest dual-booting with Linux, it'll (in my opinion) make your life as a coder a lot easier ;)

Cheers,

Razbit (I use a Thinkpad X201 with a 120GB SSD with Ubuntu)

Current rig: i7-5820K, R5E, 1070ti (windows), Radeon HD7850 (Mac), a bunch of SSDs and HDDs, running MacOS Mojave, Windows 10 + a bunch of debian servers on Proxmox KVM hypervisor

Laptop: MacBook Pro 13" 2017

Previous projects: Razmac G5, Server, zenbox HTPC

See my GitHub profile!

A coder/modder from Finland

or a MacBook of some sort

Macbooks are very nice laptops for uses that don't require a lot of performance - such as programming - but I'd be surprized if he could find any decent Macbook for his 800-1000$ budget.

Macbooks are very nice laptops for uses that don't require a lot of performance - such as programming - but I'd be surprized if he could find any decent Macbook for his 800-1000$ budget.

Yeah, they sure are pricey.. But an entryish-level Air ain't that bad.. I'd go for a used thinkpad tho..

Current rig: i7-5820K, R5E, 1070ti (windows), Radeon HD7850 (Mac), a bunch of SSDs and HDDs, running MacOS Mojave, Windows 10 + a bunch of debian servers on Proxmox KVM hypervisor

Laptop: MacBook Pro 13" 2017

Previous projects: Razmac G5, Server, zenbox HTPC

See my GitHub profile!

A coder/modder from Finland

Yeah, they sure are pricey.. But an entryish-level Air ain't that bad.. I'd go for a used thinkpad tho..

It has an absolutely terrible display however, and from my experience, the only way to work on a serious coding project on a screen smaller than 15" is when said screen has a very high resolution. The Macbook Air, unfortunately, has a terrible resolution so I would be very hesitant to recommend it for any serious production work.

So i have always used my school computer for coding, but now they want it back..

so i need to get a laptop myself my budget is $800 - $1000.

Any suggestions?

Lenovo y50 is a great overall laptop

My Cheap But Good Rig: I7-3770s, Intel Motherboard (actually made by intel), 16gb DDR3, Nvidia Gtx 1070, 250gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 750gb HDD, Evga 500 BR power supply