Can I reuse an old Windows 7 serial key

mkp123

Hey guys

I am about to build my first gamer PC and I need windows OS on it.

So my question is, can I use my old Windows 7 seriel key, from my old laptop that I dont need anymore. Or is that license gone since I already used it on 1 PC?

And if the above is possible, can I still upgrade for free to windows 10 when that comes?

Thanks

No problem to both use it again and the upgrade part?

Thanks guys. That saved me a lot of money = more to better parts ;-)

EDIT: And when I dont have any CD or anything with the actual OS on, I can just download a ISO file from microsofts homepage, right?

No problem to both use it again and the upgrade part?

Thanks guys. That saved me a lot of money = more to better parts ;-)

EDIT: And when I dont have any CD or anything with the actual OS on, I can just download a ISO file from microsofts homepage, right?

You can download an ISO from wherever. As long as it's not a cracked one or whatever, (I think, anyway) it's not illegal.

I think you should be able to use the 7 key. Just use the right version of 7.

NZXT Phantom|FX-8320 @4.4GHz|Gigabyte 970A-UD3P|240GB SSD|2x 500GB HDD|16GB RAM|2x AMD MSI R9 270|2x 1080p IPS|Win 10

Dell Precision M4500 - Dell Latitude E4310 - HTC One M8

$200 Volvo 245

Hey guys

I am about to build my first gamer PC and I need windows OS on it.

So my question is, can I use my old Windows 7 seriel key, from my old laptop that I dont need anymore. Or is that license gone since I already used it on 1 PC?

And if the above is possible, can I still upgrade for free to windows 10 when that comes?

Thanks

Want to use your Windows license on your new PC ? There is a hidden command in Windows that allows you to do just that.

http://www.howtogeek.com/124286/how-to-uninstall-your-windows-product-key-before-you-sell-your-pc/

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Want to use your Windows license on your new PC ? There is a hidden command in Windows that allows you to do just that.

http://www.howtogeek.com/124286/how-to-uninstall-your-windows-product-key-before-you-sell-your-pc/

Do I need to do that? I have a laptop that I very rarely use, can I install the same Windows on the new PC without any problems for either of the 2 PC's?

Do I need to do that? I have a laptop that I very rarely use, can I install the same Windows on the new PC without any problems for either of the 2 PC's?

You rarely use it,.. but you STILL use it. The key is registered to your laptop HARDWARE.

When you register it on your second machine it will no doubt not like it and possible be non-legit on the new machine.

My way just makes sure that does not happen.

If you wanna run the risk,.. thats up to you.

When people do not do this,.. and just do a reinstall, that works because it's usually on the same machine/hardware, unlike what your doing.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

You rarely use it,.. but you STILL use it. The key is registered to your laptop HARDWARE.

When you register it on your second machine it will no doubt not like it and possible be non-legit on the new machine.

My way just makes sure that does not happen.

If you wanna run the risk,.. thats up to you.

When people do not do this,.. and just do a reinstall, that works because it's usually on the same machine/hardware, unlike what your doing.

Ok, I understand. Maybe I'll just buy windows 8.1 and have clean conscience :)

Ok, I understand. Maybe I'll just buy windows 8.1 and have clean conscience :)

I just thought I'd let ya know of that method is all.. Rest is up to you.. )

But a clean conscience is good for the soul... so they say...