Linus, simulate this crazy project next!

Ady.533

(true story)(actually happened)

So welllll..... some family friends of mine have kids who are *cough* tough *cough* on their electronic doo- daddery. Well, they spilled milk on their $2000 dollar toshiba laptop. I check it out, stop them from chucking it into the bin, and well, hope to *at least* salvage some ram and the blu-ray burner. well, I take it home, and I do just that. I took apart all the cards, and installed the ram into my laptop, it works. I couldn't test anything else, but well, I tried, and tried to get the thing working. So, I gave up. Then, on my now 12 gig ram laptop, I watch linus's xps 12 video, and go ,"wow". Then 2 months later,  watch it again, and go,"wait a minute," So I wait for a night when it's raining, wait for 2 hours (so that the initial acid rain has passed), then go ,"here goes nothing" and boom, the mobo has now had a 12 hour long shower. (fast forward ten minutes of blow drying) I put the remaining ram stick in, pug in the battery, and cross my fingers. BOOM, the computer which appeared as dead as a... as a... as the body parts of frankenstein's monster - electricity went to the body parts of frankenstein's monster + electricity, nd I see blue stuff, saying so boot media. well, next I plug in the hard drive and see through the broken screen ( their daughter once went on a rampage) a windows logo. I cry in disbelief, and start fixing the software issues caused thanks to the previous 2.5 years of torture. then, I have school, so I slow down the pace to a standstill, (this was a 13 year old me, so yeah) and 2 months later, it doesn't turn on. well, this time the mobo gets a 2 day long shower, and a 3 day (36 hours) worth of a sunbath. then I assemble it again, and return the pain in the arse to the *rightful* owners on the next day, which is my birthday. So, he operation took 10 months in total, but I managed to get a computer back up after MILK, NOT PURE RAIN WATER. BEAT THAT, LINUS. (actually do it plz)

P.S. 

for the record, I actually asked them if it was on when the milk was spilled, and they said yeah, it was on the floor(why that actual...) and there were downloads going on, so yeah, NOT IN SLEEP MODE OR SHUT DOWN. AGAIN, BEAT THAT ,LINUS (plz, again, do this as your next crazy project).

P.P.S. I'll upload pics tom, since right now here in aus, it's night and I'm meant to be sleeping.

Nice!

So you essentially cleaned it with a shower?

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

Nice!

Although in Linus' defence it didn't take him 10 months including editing and posting for his laptop recovery. Also did a more thorough job likely as well.

A true story? That ACTUALLY happened?

HOLD THE FUCKING PHONE

I'm telling the truth! I AM a 12 year old girl!

Who the fuck gives a $2000 laptop to kids ? I would get a ass whoopin if I behave like that when a was a child.

Nice repair though :) 

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

Why don't we stop beating around the bush, and get Linus to tackle the real issue, SODA.

The most likely thing to be spilled on a gaming laptop/pc

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Nice! cool story pretty awesome to hear your determination in wanting to fix it.