Please Recommend Me an ITX Cooler (140mm or less)

sinusone

This is my build from pcpartpicker....Will be used mainly for gaming and general usage...What would be a good air cooler for this setup? I was looking at the Zalman CNPS8900 quiet but it looks not easily available. What is he cheapest I can get away with, but around $30 or so?? If it costs more thats OK if value really warrants price. I will overclock to around 4.2ghz if I can and would prefer quiet over loud (obviously). I have a Frys and Microcenter within 30 miles of me too.

My Clearance according to the case specs is... 140mm (5.5")

Have not bought a videocard yet...waiting on a special deal or the 300 series....

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  (Purchased For $199.00) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97N-WIFI Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard  (Purchased For $80.00) 
Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-2133 Memory  (Purchased For $99.99) 
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 280 3GB DUAL-X Video Card  ($172.98 @ Newegg) 
Case: Thermaltake Core V1 Mini ITX Tower Case  (Purchased For $39.04) 
Power Supply: XFX TS 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $24.99) 
Total: $616.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-23 01:07 EDT-0400

H60 if you want to watercool, or at least thats what i would do :P (or other small, similarly priced AIO's)

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

H60 if you want to watercool, or at least thats what i would do :P (or other small, similarly priced AIO's)

probably sticking to air for now, too scared even though aio have improved

probably sticking to air for now, too scared even though aio have improved

scared of what? treat it right and be careful when need be, there should never be a leak :S

im only saying this because you said quiet, aio's can be really quiet :)

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

scared of what? treat it right and be careful when need be, there should never be a leak :S

im only saying this because you said quiet, aio's can be really quiet :)

of leaks =)   Sometimes things just break down, plus I can be clumsy

of leaks =) Sometimes things just break down, plus I can be clumsy

I would get the NH-L 12 from noctua. I was able to go 4.2 GHz on my 2500k with that thing and stay in a comfortable temp range.

It is very quiet, has good ram support and it has an awesome 6 year warranty.

I still have mine laying around and will definitely keep it for a future mini pc build.

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @4.2HGhz 1.25V || Noctua NH-U12S SE2 || 16GB (2×8GB) Aegis 3000Mhz CL16 @3200Mhz || 
|| Sapphire Pulse RX 6700 10G || MSI B450i Gaming PLUS MAX Wifi
  || Kingston NV1 2TB m.2 ||  Corsair SF600 || Intertech IM 1 |||
Peripherals: Sennheiser PC  360 G4ME || AOC CQ27G2U || Viewsonic PX701HD || Keychron V1 || Logitech G303 Shroud Edition||| Laptop: XPS 13 2in1 7390 || Steam Deck 256 GB (64GB Version) ||| Cameras: Fujifilm XH-1 || Fujifilm X100T

Elite 110 build log (update:05/15/2018)

I would get the NH-L 12 from noctua. I was able to go 4.2 GHz on my 2500k with that thing and stay in a comfortable temp range.

It is very quiet, has good ram support and it has an awesome 6 year warranty.

I still have mine laying around and will definitely keep it for a future mini pc build.

just a bit pricy =)

Is height really 93mm? Should I be worried depth is 150mm 

Height (with fan)   93 mm Width (with fan)   128 mm Depth (with fan)   150 mm

just a bit pricy =)

Is height really 93mm? Should I be worried depth is 150mm 

Height (with fan)   93 mm Width (with fan)   128 mm Depth (with fan)   150 mm

http://www.noctua.at/main.php?show=compatibility_ram_gen&products_id=46&lng=de#DDR3_G.SKILL

http://www.noctua.at/main.php?show=compatibility_gen&products_id=46&lng=de#LGA1150_Gigabyte

Both motherboard and RAM are compatible with the NH-L12.

I know it is fairly pricey, BUT you get two very high quality, very quiet fans  which would each on their own already cost about 40 bucks.

Warranty is also the best I have ever seen. I just RMAd a fan. All you have to do is send a photo of your broken fan with the receipt you have from your retailer, they send you a new one, and at the end you have to break off a fin from your broken fan and send them a picture with some sort of id next to it.

Perfect and that for 6 years!!!

They also will provide you with mouting hardware for new sockets in the future (for those 6 years). So if skylake or the CPUs after have a new set of holes (that just sounds wrong) and you need new mounting hardware, send them a receipt of your NH-L12 and the receipt for your new motherboard and they will AGAIN send it to you for free.

Yes Nocuta is expensive, but they also provide very good service and quality.

I should be a sales rep for them, I really believe in their products. I have had Alpenföhn and BeQuiet and Arctic, but since I went Noctua I have bought two 120mm towers and the NH-L 12. All are very quiet and great quality. Love it.

EDIT: Also a great option: http://www.noctua.at/main.php?show=productview&products_id=105&lng=de

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @4.2HGhz 1.25V || Noctua NH-U12S SE2 || 16GB (2×8GB) Aegis 3000Mhz CL16 @3200Mhz || 
|| Sapphire Pulse RX 6700 10G || MSI B450i Gaming PLUS MAX Wifi
  || Kingston NV1 2TB m.2 ||  Corsair SF600 || Intertech IM 1 |||
Peripherals: Sennheiser PC  360 G4ME || AOC CQ27G2U || Viewsonic PX701HD || Keychron V1 || Logitech G303 Shroud Edition||| Laptop: XPS 13 2in1 7390 || Steam Deck 256 GB (64GB Version) ||| Cameras: Fujifilm XH-1 || Fujifilm X100T

Elite 110 build log (update:05/15/2018)

http://www.noctua.at/main.php?show=compatibility_ram_gen&products_id=46&lng=de#DDR3_G.SKILL

http://www.noctua.at/main.php?show=compatibility_gen&products_id=46&lng=de#LGA1150_Gigabyte

Both motherboard and RAM are compatible with the NH-L12.

I know it is fairly pricey, BUT you get two very high quality, very quiet fans  which would each on their own already cost about 40 bucks.

Warranty is also the best I have ever seen. I just RMAd a fan. All you have to do is send a photo of your broken fan with the receipt you have from your retailer, they send you a new one, and at the end you have to break off a fin from your broken fan and send them a picture with some sort of id next to it.

Perfect and that for 6 years!!!

They also will provide you with mouting hardware for new sockets in the future (for those 6 years). So if skylake or the CPUs after have a new set of holes (that just sounds wrong) and you need new mounting hardware, send them a receipt of your NH-L12 and the receipt for your new motherboard and they will AGAIN send it to you for free.

Yes Nocuta is expensive, but they also provide very good service and quality.

I should be a sales rep for them, I really believe in their products. I have had Alpenföhn and BeQuiet and Arctic, but since I went Noctua I have bought two 120mm towers and the NH-L 12. All are very quiet and great quality. Love it.

EDIT: Also a great option: http://www.noctua.at/main.php?show=productview&products_id=105&lng=de

You got me looking at the Noctua, except I dislike the downward blowing ones...sooo now! It's up in the air vs the D9L and U9S....they honestly both have great reviews and some pick one and some pick the other....no clear winner!!

Since you're an unofficial spokesman, care to chime?

But then I found the C14...and that actually fits in this case, I think that would be the largest fans 2x140mm and biggest heat sink