psu sleeving advice

jameshumphries47

Okay im going to make this quick. over the weekend i started to sleeve my pc its like 60% done and sitting on top of my case powering my pc... sketchy. anyway i used paracord and 6mm heat shrink of ebay came to a total of about £12 i ordered 100ft of para-cord of ebay. and 3m of heat shrink on ebay... well that was a mistake i didnt order enough. so sleeving has stopped 15 hours in because i ran out of shrink. but ordered 3 more. okay i have some advice for anyone thinking about it... i have never done it before and im 14 its very enjoyable!

1. take a few days off work! it takes a long time i did a 24 pin and an 8 pin in about 15 hours! still got to tidy it up and do a pci-e lead. 
  2. do not buy tools unless your using molex, i paid £20 for some tools, the one i needed broke when i first used it!!! best thing to use believe it or not are staples! cheap, easy, cost near enough to replace!
  3. wear padded gloves! your fingers really hurt after a while!
  4. buy a lighter, makes life so much easier than matches
  5. and finally take your time... it pays off. 

good luck!

~James

post-38716-0-20930900-1427056954.jpg

post-38716-0-29985400-1427056958.jpg

Check out my current projects: Selling site (Click Here)

If($reply == "for me to see"){

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

$action = "Leave me alone!";

}

Looks good. Not sure what took you so long i did the 24pin on mine in about 2h :P Also if anyone is using staples use puncture proof gloves or pliers unless you like your fingers pierced by staples... (happened twice to me :/)

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

Looks good. Not sure what took you so long i did the 24pin on mine in about 2h :P Also if anyone is using staples use puncture proof gloves or pliers unless you like your fingers pierced by staples... (happened twice to me :/)

im not sure why it took so long lmao i made everything precise looks good, i which mine took 2 hours lol i was to busy watching telly at the time lmao!! yeah i just wrapped some electrical tape round my thumb!!! 

Check out my current projects: Selling site (Click Here)

If($reply == "for me to see"){

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

$action = "Leave me alone!";

}